Thread: Need help with search_result_default.html - 2 columns in rounded_boxes

Default Need help with search_result_default.html - 2 columns in rounded_boxes

Hi all.

I try to modify the search_result_default.html page to show the results in 2 columns, but as i actually expected, the results are doubled (as in the image below) probabbly because i basicaly put same code twice(1st mistake in my aproach) in 2 different div's on the same page.
    Here is the result:

I modified again the search_result_default page and css ... but no matter what dimension i setup the div's for the search result, inside the bigger container div.. i only end up with the results showing on a single column, as in the next picture:

So.. no result untill now. I just need to know if this is possible by simply hard-coding the search_result_default.html page and the css for it or only with an addon.. and if there is already an addon that can do that.. or at least that can be tweaked to do that... or if someone that has alredy done that wanna share ?

I attached a zip with my files here (css and html) .. just in case someone wanna take a look at the code.

Edit: i use OR 2.5.8 .. the pictures are from my test site ... http://www.marin.confortcasanord.ro
    Marin

searchresult.zip

Default Re: Need help with search_result_default.html - 2 columns in rounded_boxes

Well.. i found a few solutions after 2 days of searching the forum ..
    here and here on the forums..
    Anyway .. i attached my searchresult modified page witch is based on the last link...
    You need to rename the file and modify the css/html according to your needs..
    You can see an working example on this site (I'm not sure this is not against the forum rules,but in case it is.. please some admin remove the links. Thank You )

Marin

search_result_2col.html.txt