Thread: Upgrade from 2.5.8. to 3.0.8 problems

Default Upgrade from 2.5.8. to 3.0.8 problems

Hi all,

Can someone help please as my site is currently down at the moment.
    I am trying to upgrade from 2.5.8. to 3.0.8 and am having great difficulties. I keep getting the dreaded

"Warning: [obfuscated](/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/open-realty/install/versions/../../include/common.php) [function.[obfuscated]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/open-realty/install/versions/upgrade_200.inc.php on line 42 "

I have searched this site with exact errors above and appreciate other people have had similar problems yet none of them seem to answer mine.

The installer says all permissions are correct but on next step when I choose upgrade from 2 xxx I get the above error.

I have cleared caches and used different browsers without any luck.
    I have created a new database and given it full privileges.
    My host is transparent technologies so I assume server configuration is not a problem.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Upgrade from 2.5.8. to 3.0.8 problems

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbandit View Post
    "Warning: [obfuscated](/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/open-realty/install/versions/../../include/common.php) [function.[obfuscated]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/open-realty/install/versions/upgrade_200.inc.php on line 42 "
    I have bolded the relevant part. You are missing your OR v2 common.php file.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The_Sandking thanks for your help. I really do appreciate you taking time out to help. Yes, after all the forum reading I have done I realised I do not have a common.php file but again from previous forum answers I believe this is created once the install goes through from Information being taken from the common.dist.php which I have and is set at 755 (also tried it at 777 just in case). So I suppose the question should have been "Does anyone know why the common.php file is not being created ?"

As always thanks for any input.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

No, if you are upgrading, you need to have your OR v2 common.php file. common.php is only created from scratch using 'common.dist.php' during a new install and not an upgrade. OR v3 needs your old common.php file to obtain all of your old DB and control panel settings.

See docs: http://open-realty.org/docs/release/...91270700499056

Running the installer, step #5

Verify all of your database and configuration information is correct. This information is automatically populated from the existing common.php file. Click next.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way