Thread: Template Will Not Change

Default Template Will Not Change

I'm trying to change the template in site config to one I uploaded. I select the template and hit save changes. It says configuration saved in the top right but when I reload the main page it hasn't changed. When I refresh the template tab on the site config the lazuli template is still the selected template. It will not switch to the cms_intregration template either.

All the other options on the template tab will change or update.

How can I fix this?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Template Will Not Change

What version of OR? If not the latest version, upgrade.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, 108081209214649, Las Vegas, Nevada

Having the same problem! Any suggestions? I am running 3.0.10

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Clear your browser's cookies.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I am having the same problem. I cleared my browser cookies and still will not let me change the template. For instance, I select cms_integration and save. Then I come back and it reverts back to Lazuli.

Thanks for any help, Tom

I have just made a completely fresh installation to start a new site and am having the same problem where the template doesn´t change on the site and reverts back to lazuli in the config menu ... any solutions to this found yet?

Please, always mention wich is your Open-Realty version. The latest is v.3.0.12
    Have you enabled template switching at backend? Log in as "admin", click at "Site Config", click at "General" tab and at the bottom of the page you will find "Security Settings".
    To clear browser cache may be required - some browsers may also require to close all opened sections.

Eduardo
    Last edited by ebmarques; 12-30-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: To clear browser cache may be required

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by ebmarques View Post
    Please, always mention wich is your Open-Realty version. The latest is v.3.0.12
    Have you enabled template switching at backend? Log in as "admin", click at "Site Config", click at "General" tab and at the bottom of the page you will find "Security Settings".
    To clear browser cache may be required - some browsers may also require to close all opened sections.

Eduardo
    I am using the latest version as installed today. All cookies have been deleted and I believe having read some other posts that this is a common problem with the latest version and that editing of a main.html file in the template folder might be required. However I have not done such stuff before and am looking for a solution that will not require me to edit the files ...

Quote Originally Posted by philburch View Post
    I am using the latest version as installed today. All cookies have been deleted and I believe having read some other posts that this is a common problem with the latest version and that editing of a main.html file in the template folder might be required. However I have not done such stuff before and am looking for a solution that will not require me to edit the files ...
    No... I totally disagree.
    I am not aware of any problem at Open-Realty related to "template change" that need a fix or a solution.
    No change at any file is required "to fix this problem". Wherever you read something about it was wrong.
    In the other hand, I see dozens of users with servers badly configured (mainly Windows ones), with browsers having JavaScript disabled, not using the template tags correctly, with add-ons interactions, with JavaScript conflicts, etc...

For example, my Multilingual add-on. If you wish to use the template changer, first you will need to uninstall my add-on. For example, servers with PHP sessions badly configured. And so on. All, not Open-Realty problems.

So, if you make changes at Site Config and your template don't change (after clearing your cache - deleting cookies may not be enough, there is a PHP session created to store this info) I say most probably you have a server problem and not something that Open-Realty can fix for you or anyone else.

We may wish to help... for that, we would need full admin access to user's Hosting Account.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Like Eduardo said, make sure you have enabled template switching in the site configuration and cleared all your cookies and browser cache.

A link to your site would be very helpful so we can see if this is a problem with your browser or with the site.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~