Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multilingual add-on for Open-Realty v.3.x

Default Re: Multilingual add-on for Open-Realty v.3.x

Hi Eduardo,

thank you for the prompt response.
    Excuse my ignorance and my continuous questions on the subject, I am trying to learn by reading other peoples posts and asking you questions as I don't have much experience with web programming...

You say that UMP is not compatible with 3.01 does that mean I cannot do it or I have to follow the directives you gave me in post #14 to achieve it?
    I have read post #14 and understand that I have to create PHP language variables for each field name (and field elements if the case) to avoid the NOT TRANSLATED tag.

My problem is that I don't know how to create those PHP language variables?

I will read on this forum and try to find the information on how to do it but if you have the information on hand and can give it to me I will gladly take it. But I will try to find it myself also.

Thank you so much and sorry for beiing such a nag...

Have a nice day

Angelo

Quote Originally Posted by aciciotti View Post
    You say that UMP is not...
    I didn't say that.
    No... UMP is dead. It is deprecated, not supported. I don't discuss about UMP anymore.

...is not compatible with 3.01...
    I didn't say that. I said Open-Realty v.3.1.0 or greater.
    The Multilingual add-on IS compatible up to v.3.0.12p1
    With v.3.1.0 or later, you shall not use the Multilingual add-on.

My problem is that I don't know how to create those PHP language variables?
    So... for example, Google is your friend. You will need to learn if you don't wish to pay someone to do what you can't. You need to learn how to use a Text Editor and edit the language files the same as you will need to edit HTML template files.

I will read on this forum and try to find the information on how to do it but if you have the information on hand and can give it to me I will gladly take it.
    No... at these Forums there are not such instructions. This is not an Open-Realty issue.

Eduardo
    Last edited by ebmarques; 03-29-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hi Eduardo,

First off, I apologize for the confusion. I was sure UMP and Multilingual addon was the same product but by googling a lot today I realised those were two distinct programs.

Secondly, I will read cerrefully next time before posting this way I will see that you were talking about OR 3.1 and not 3.0...

Like I said above, I did a lot of googling today and was able to modify a lot of thing successfully.

So again, THANK YOU very much for you precious time in helping me.

Angelo

Hi Eduardo,

fully understand what you are saying here, "The Multilingual add-on IS compatible up to v.3.0.12p1 With v.3.1.0 or later, you shall not use the Multilingual add-on." which is unfortunate - I ran the installer for upgrade before setting out to define all of the languages / templates folders etc.

I can understand that there is a potentially lot of issues, esp with the introduction of "mobile" template - but will the multilingual module likely be updated to comply with version 3.1 or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Meoff View Post
    ...but will the multilingual module likely be updated to comply with version 3.1 or later?
    In "Orish" we don't say "module". We say "add-on".

I cannot asure. I want to make it compatible. To get at the point where we are I took almost 6 months. With the release of v.3.1.0 we faced 2 big changes: one table is droped at database and sessions are stored at database - both changes turn a lot of add-ons not compatible with O-R v.3.1.0 and the Multilingual Add-on is just one of those add-ons.
    How much time I need to make it compatible? 2 weeks or 6 months or more - this is a free add-on and I work on it at my free time.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Kudos to you for the reply.

I stand corrected / educated about Add-ons!

I do realize your position here... and your contribution, being a free add on and all.

Just that it seemed to provide exactly what I needed, and I'm sure lots of other real estate agencies around the world that are sophisticated enough to speak more languages than just English.

now have to reconsider stepping backward in time from backup files to recover version 3.0.12 , if my client wants to maintain language switch-ability, correct?

Love to see an improved solution come available from the source- esp since the 3.1 update for OR is impressive in its own right.

Rgds.

Meoff

Hi Eduardo,

Is there any way to change the select box to a simple set of flags? I am guessing that it is in the IonCube encoded file???

Thanks
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by loggie View Post
    Is there any way to change the select box to a simple set of flags? I am guessing that it is in the IonCube encoded file???
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to the O-R Forums.
    Yes, you are correct. The latest add-on version gets from the encrypted file all the code to "build" the form.
    For now, you will need to edit the "addon.inc.php" file and hardcode your own form.
    I am writing a new add-on version with A LOT of changes and this is one of those changes - you will be able to choose how to display the form and you will be able to edit it as you wish once all the code will be at the "addon.inc.php" (not encrypted).
    This new add-on version will take a long time to be released - right now I am very busy and not having free time to work at the add-on - so you will need to do as I said above while we don't have the new add-on version.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs

Quote Originally Posted by ebmarques View Post
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to the O-R Forums.
    Yes, you are correct. The latest add-on version gets from the encrypted file all the code to "build" the form.
    For now, you will need to edit the "addon.inc.php" file and hardcode your own form.
    I am writing a new add-on version with A LOT of changes and this is one of those changes - you will be able to choose how to display the form and you will be able to edit it as you wish once all the code will be at the "addon.inc.php" (not encrypted).
    This new add-on version will take a long time to be released - right now I am very busy and not having free time to work at the add-on - so you will need to do as I said above while we don't have the new add-on version.

Eduardo
    Thanks for your quick response - I'll have a look.

Nick

Hi Eduardo,

I have been trying everything and I can't find a solution - how can I build an URL to open for example a search results page in a SPECIFIC language?

For example:

index.php?action=searchresults&pclass[]=&area=&price-min=&price-max=&ref[]=

I have tried &lng=ES and all variations of the same with no success??????

Moreover I am using the SEF urls - although I would imagine a non-SEF url would work even with SEF enabled.....for this linking issue I would be content to just use the non-SEF url.

Thanks
    Nick