Thread: Problem: Error displayed at bottom of each page

Default Problem: Error displayed at bottom of each page

Hi
    I have just installed version 3.0.12
    An error is being displayed on each page as under
    Any suggestion
    Rizwan

Warning: file_get_contents(http://updates.browserproject.com/version-date.asp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 in /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php on line 582

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Utime failed: Operation not permitted in /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php on line 232

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Browscap_Exception' with message 'Bad datetime format from http://updates.browserproject.com/version-date.asp' in /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php:480 Stack trace: #0 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php(431): Browscap->_getRemoteMTime() #1 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php(307): Browscap->_getRemoteIniFile('http://browsers...', '/home/mydomain...') #2 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php(228): Browscap->updateCache() #3 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/tracking.inc.php(95): Browscap->getBrowser() #4 /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/index.php(269): tracking->record() #5 {main} thrown in /home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/include/class/browscap/browscap.php on line 480

Default Re: Problem: Error displayed at bottom of each page

I'm getting the same and it's causing the pages to load VERY slowly. One unhappy client, so help needed from OR urgently please. I have Googled for help on this problem and all that comes up on the first results page are links to other OR sites with this same error. We need an update to the browscap.php file as a matter of urgency.

You will need to have your hosting provider look into this, for some reason your open-realty install is not able to connect to the URL http://updates.browserproject.com/version-date.asp. My guess is that your web hosting provider has a firewall that is is not allowing outbound connections on port 80.

Is it possible to dissable this outbound connection

Please let us know how to resolve this issue as the site is extremely slow due to this

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan65 View Post
    Please let us know how to resolve this issue as the site is extremely slow due to this
    See Greengiant's post:

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    You will need to have your hosting provider look into this, for some reason your open-realty install is not able to connect to the URL http://updates.browserproject.com/version-date.asp. My guess is that your web hosting provider has a firewall that is is not allowing outbound connections on port 80.
    The solution is in your hosts' hands.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

the_sandking: There is nothing wrong with my Hosting Provider
    I have resolved the issue and would like to share

Edit your file: /include/class/browscap/browscap.php near line 107 to provide the path to browscap.ini file on your installation

public $localFile = '/home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/files/browsercap_cache/browscap.ini';

Hope it will help
    Rizwan