Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Form Problem!

Default Contact Form Problem!

A client of mine had a contact form (two of them in fact) from an addon developer for OR 2.58.....who now doesn't seem to be involved with the project.

Despite repeat attempts by the client to the developer to take a look....he never gets a response.

The issue with the form is the captcha....whatever you put in it just keeps coming back as not accepted. So he needs that issue rectified as a matter of urgency.....because it's been going on for some time due to the failure of the developer to respond.

If any of you can put this right.....just PM me and I'm sure we can arrange something. Plus, my client is looking for other potential addons so it could be a good contact for the right developer.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Contact Form Problem!

If it's the contact form I am thinking of, it's encoded, so you may have to work with the Developer no matter what to fix it.

An option for you might be to upgrade to OR v3, its forms and captchas work so you could drop the add-on. Also, OR v2.5.8 contains exploitable security holes, and won't run under PHP v5.3 so it's only a matter of time before you would have to upgrade anyway.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thanks mate.....and yes....it's the contact form you're thinking of! And the developer you're thinking of.
    It's left me with egg on my face because I was the one who put the client through to him, so now I'm trying to perform damage limitation on the situation.
    My client would have no issue whatsoever in moving on to v3 on a commercial basis....except for one issue: This installation is incorporated into Joomla via CMS Realty. And as I understand it, v3 isn't compatible.
    Maybe you could recommend another contact form that could be used in this instance?

A Forum member hired me to write a "contactform" add-on and it is finished and working.
    You can see a demo at: http://goo.gl/CNuGo

The most important: the Forum Member is going to publish the add-on FOR FREE at the Official Open-Realty Add-ons Website in one or two days.
    So just wait a bit and you will be able to download that add-on for free.

The add-on is running with O-R v.3.0.12, was tested with PHP v.5.3.1 and do not have encrypted code.

Eduardo
    Last edited by ebmarques; 01-13-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: ...and do not have encrypted code

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo.....will this be compatible with 2.58 though?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    My client would have no issue whatsoever in moving on to v3 on a commercial basis....except for one issue: This installation is incorporated into Joomla via CMS Realty. And as I understand it, v3 isn't compatible.
    CMSRealty is actually the component that is no longer compatible. You can convert your joomla template to an OR3 template pretty easily and then you can just run OR instead of having to maintain 3 apps.

The minute your host upgrades to PHP v5.3, OR v2.x + CMSRealty + joomla is toast. Hosts (good ones) are starting to send out update notices for PHP v5.3, most of the smart ones have had a long time to prepare, PHP v5.3 has been out for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEND
    [16-Dec-2010] The PHP development team would like to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.2.16. This release marks the end of support for PHP 5.2. All users of PHP 5.2 are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.3.
    I point this out because unless your host is planning on holding-out with PHP v5.2 you are going to be facing an OR upgrade sooner than later.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The sites I run are on VPS's sandking.....so I believe I can specify which PHP version. As it is, unlike some hosts I use DSO not suPHP as the PHP handler as it makes things a lot simpler.
    The problem with this particular site is it needs the functionality of Joomla, so I can't bin that under any circumstances. It's a pity you guys can't come up with a module similar to CMSRealty compatible with v3, because as I said, my client would have no problem investing in the commercial package.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    Eduardo.....will this be compatible with 2.58 though?
    Unfortunately, yes. See it in action at (O-R v.2.5.8): http://goo.gl/5kyvP
    But notice the most important that we keep saying... you should be also concerned with PHP version. Open-Realty v.2.5.8 may not be compatible with PHP 5.3.0 and your Host or your client Host should be preparing the update to PHP 5.3 - the Host is actually not doing it? It will be done soon or later.
    So... you should upgrade Open-Realty at your client Website to the latest O-R v.3.x as a standalone application - otherwise: sorry for my words, but you will be seeking for help at the wrong Forums, we are not going to support or help that type of installations.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Thanks Eduardo....but as I said I'm on VPS's so I can specify what I want re PHP etc.
    But in the future for property sites I'll get the client to purchase ORv3 and then build it around that. But this is a legacy site to some extent, and I just need to get this issue sorted first.

Free Contact Form has been added
    http://support.open-realty.org/showt...335#post108335
    :-)
    Discount Land For Sale.com - List Your Land For Free

This is my open-realty site, input is always greatly appreciated!