Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page title problem

Default Page title problem

In the 'page editor' I tried to make the 'page title' into a link, by adding <a href=...> which messed it up. I can't delete the page, or edit the page title. Is there any way to edit the code? Where does this content exist? Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Page title problem

Can I re-install the 'page edit' page? Is that an option?

I've tried to delete the 'page' but it won't let me, I get the error 'You cannot delete Page ID 1', is there a way to change one of the other pages to 'ID 1'?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

You cannot delete page ID#1 it is a system dependency. You can delete all the content out of it with the editor, and save it empty. The content exists and gets stored in the database.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandking View Post
    You cannot delete page ID#1 it is a system dependency. You can delete all the content out of it with the editor, and save it empty. The content exists and gets stored in the database.
    Is it possible to change another page to ID#1? Is there a way to alter the code to allow this? I messed up the 'page title' and I'd really like to delete or alter it, thanks.

you should be able to remove anything erroneous by editing the database directly with a tool such as phpmyadmin.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    you should be able to remove anything erroneous by editing the database directly with a tool such as phpmyadmin.
    I'll check this out, thanks. Do youn know what the file is called and where it would exist? I'm able to access the template and admin files through my hosts control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandking View Post
    Where in the database does this content live? I've searched every file, where is this hidden? Thanks for the help. I'm new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by grendelsarmy View Post
    Where in the database does this content live? I've searched every file, where is this hidden? Thanks for the help. I'm new at this.
    There is no file/folder that you can access directly. The page info is stored in a table in the OR database that you created when you installed OR.

You can edit the database directly rather than going through the OR admin page. You can do this with a tool called phpMyAdmin which is a database administration tool. You should be able to access phpMyAdmin through your host's control panel.

When you run phpMyAdmin, you should be able to find a table called default_en_pagesmain, which is the database table where all your page info is stored. phpMyAdmin will allow you to browse and/or edit records in the table.

Be careful editing the database with phpMyAdmin - it's probably pretty easy to screw up your OR install if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    There is no file/folder that you can access directly. The page info is stored in a table in the OR database that you created when you installed OR.

You can edit the database directly rather than going through the OR admin page. You can do this with a tool called phpMyAdmin which is a database administration tool. You should be able to access phpMyAdmin through your host's control panel.

When you run phpMyAdmin, you should be able to find a table called default_en_pagesmain, which is the database table where all your page info is stored. phpMyAdmin will allow you to browse and/or edit records in the table.

Be careful editing the database with phpMyAdmin - it's probably pretty easy to screw up your OR install if you don't know what you're doing.
    I can't figure it out, I guess I'll re-install, now I have to figure out how to re-install.