Thread: Best way to Mass Edit Listings?

Default Best way to Mass Edit Listings?

Hello all ORer's :-)

I am undergoing upgrades to our OR site; part of it is going to involve editing approx. 1,000 listings to fit the upgraded site criteria.

Basically, is there any way other than 1 by 1 where I can (or better yet multiple people can) edit listings? Mass edit?

Any recommendations let me know please thanks!
    Discount Land For Sale.com - List Your Land For Free

This is my open-realty site, input is always greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Best way to Mass Edit Listings?

What can/needs to be done will really depend on what changes you have to make. Any agent with permissions to edit other people's users can edit all the listings to help make shorter time of the work. Ultimately, a custom SQL statement ran against your database to update all of your listing data with new criteria would be the fastest way but would require knowledge of mySQL and OR's database structure in order to do it.

Something simple like changing all the state fields from California to CA would be a really simple SQL statement and would save a ton of time. If it is really involved then SQL statement may not be the best bet depending on your knowledge level.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    What can/needs to be done will really depend on what changes you have to make. Any agent with permissions to edit other people's users can edit all the listings to help make shorter time of the work. Ultimately, a custom SQL statement ran against your database to update all of your listing data with new criteria would be the fastest way but would require knowledge of mySQL and OR's database structure in order to do it.

Something simple like changing all the state fields from California to CA would be a really simple SQL statement and would save a ton of time. If it is really involved then SQL statement may not be the best bet depending on your knowledge level.
    Can you help out with just an example of updating all state fields from CA to California?

Maybe I can get hang of it for other fields, hopefully (eh its always worth a try on the test site lol)
    Discount Land For Sale.com - List Your Land For Free

This is my open-realty site, input is always greatly appreciated!

greg it really depends on what your field name is and also the table name but here is an example
    using phpmyadmin this may help, do a search for at least 1 listing then make the update to that listing, the php my admin may provide you something like:

UPDATE default_en_listingsdbelements SET listingsdbelements_field VALUE 'California' WHERE listingsdbelements_field_name = 'state' AND listingsdbelements_field_value = 'CA';

Sorry, went to work after my post but Al is spot on. You can adjust that statement to suit just about any listing field you need it to. However, this will be limited to existing fields. If you are looking to add fields to every listing then this statement won't work and things will get a bit more complicated.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~