+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: {powered_by_tag}

Default {powered_by_tag}

Hi,

I'm doing an upgrade from OR 2.5.8. to OR 3.0.12, and when arriving at the "../admin/index.php?action=configure" page I get the following message/error:
    Powered By Tag Removed From Template!
    Your FREE license of Open-Realty® (http://www.open-realty.org) requres you to display the powered by Open-Realty® logo on your page, by placing the tag {powered_by_tag} in your template file.
    I have no problem whatsoever including this in my template, but need a little bit of advise how & where to put this.. Is it ok if I just put this tag: {powered_by_tag} (as is) somewhere in my template (i.e. where the copyright info is shown?), an do I put this on all the pages (main.html, page1_main.html, and so on)?..
    Can I include this tag in the copyright library item, for example: footer.lbi?..

thx!!
    Saludos,
    heinz

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann the_sandking is on a distinguished road

Default Re: {powered_by_tag}

It needs to be present in main.html, I usually stick it someplace at the bottom of the page.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Help! :((

I'm still having problems here, although I included the {powered_by_tag} on the main.html page, as well as on all the main1_html, main2_html,.. etc pages.
    The strange thing is: the latter ones are shown on the public site, but the search results (for example) give an error message saying: "License is not valid."
    Also, when I try to go to the admin area, I still get this error "Powered By Tag Removed From Template!
    Your FREE license of Open-Realty® (http://www.open-realty.org) requres you to display the powered by Open-Realty® logo on your page, by placing the tag {powered_by_tag} in your template file."...
    Saludos,
    heinz

Isabel,

A license key is valid "per domain". I see you have *.com. *.es and *.be domains so you need 3 license keys and 3 O-R installations.
    The problem at "admin" is because you don't have the required tag {powered_by_tag} at your ADMIN "main.html" template file. Notice you need it at frontend AND at backend.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Plato)

Hi Eduardo,

that is correct, there are 3 domains (split up after the discontinue of UMP), however, I'm upgrading first this one, the *.be to see how it all is going (still trying to convince the client to purchase the professional edition, but first need to show him what he'll get

Ok, I understand the remark with reference to the ADMIN main.html template page,.. but still have the problem on the public site, where I DID update the main.html page with the tag but still get the error... I don't understand why the license is not valid if I'm using it on one domain only.... please advise..
    (the *.es and *.com site are still using OR 2.5.8.)..

thx!
    Saludos,
    heinz

hi again Eduardo,

I managed to get through to the admin area and now I see what you meant with the license key (before I didn't reach the part of entering the key yet)..

seems like everything is working now... just one thing in the admin area, I keep on getting {load_js_body} on top left of every page.... should I delete this tag?...

thx again.. seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
    Saludos,
    heinz

I was to fast in saying seems like everything is working now..
    when I try to go to "Add listing" (from the admin panel), I get a page with only the OR logos (the big one on top and the powered by icon I just added), the main menu (Site | Admin | Logout | Help) and all the rest is a blank page...

When I go back to Admin, and click (for example): Site config, I get an error message saying: /var/www/html/admin/template/nl/site_config.html not found ...

Saludos,
    heinz

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann the_sandking is on a distinguished road

You need to set your Admin template to 'OR_small' in Site Config, yours is set to 'nl' or something.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Hi Sandking,

thanks for the feedback.. you're right it is set to 'nl' (nederlands), but the problem is I can't get through to the Site Config... can you tell where I can change this?.. (via FTP or so.. because I can't access the Site config via the controlepanel from the admin area)

thanks again
    Saludos,
    heinz

Quote Originally Posted by heinz View Post
    ...but the problem is I can't get through to the Site Config... can you tell where I can change this?..
    That's because a lot of NEW template files are missing at yours "nl" ADMIN site template. Go to "OR_small" admin site template FOLDER, copy all files and place the copies at your "nl" ADMIN site template folder. After that, you will be able to access the backend with no problems.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Plato)

+ Reply to Thread