Thread: Existing Backend Lead Management Add-on?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Existing Backend Lead Management Add-on?

I have a small real estate brokerage in the US and I'm looking to add an IDX/RETS solution to my existing website with listing data updating from my MLS.

Looking at both versions of Open Realty I see that the admin account, agent accounts and site visitors/prospects/leads are all stored in the same table.

Does anyone know of an existing add-on or have a modified version on 2.x code that breaks the admin/agents and visitors/leads into two unique tables and then allows the leads to be assigned to the agents (manually by the admin or through some automated process) so agents can login to a backend system and monitor and manage the lead's activities?

Would love to find a solution that's a little bit further along so there's less development time on my part.

Thanks
    Sid

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Existing Backend Lead Management Add-on?

OR v2.x is no longer being updated or supported by Transparent Tech, so not much going on there.

OR v3 has a built-in lead management system and you can get a IDX or RETS import add-on from Transparent Tech.

http://www.transparent-realestate.com/
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thank you for your reply and assistance.

When I say lead management, let me clarify.

I mean when a member signs up for added services (i.e. to save a property as a favorite, have a saved search emailed to them, etc) they are assigned to one of the brokerage's agents (manually by the admin or through an automated process).

When the agent logs in they see their list of members and can view and manage the member's online activity (when the member is logging in, see what homes they've saved or are looking at as well as make changes to the member's saved searches, etc).

The agent would then communicate and collaborate with the user via the system so the system would record all email correspondences, agent notes from phone calls, etc. That way if the brokerage has multiple internal people working with a member (like an inside sales/outside sales team or an agent and a lender partner jointly working leads) the system allows all internal parties to see the other's conversations and notes with that member over time.

These are very common features in commercial IDX services, but finding it in a commercial script that I can run on my own server is nearly impossible. Most commercial providers want to lock you into expensive hosting plans.

Thank you again for your help and assistance.
    Sid

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

OR's lead management does not work exactly the way you are describing, but you might contact Transparent Tech and propose what you would like as a feature request, I know the Lead management is one of the areas they are investing significant time/resources on, because it's one of OR's newest features.

Quote Originally Posted by sidcam View Post
    These are very common features in commercial IDX services, but finding it in a commercial script that I can run on my own server is nearly impossible. Most commercial providers want to lock you into expensive hosting plans.
    Those "commercial providers" hate Open-Realty and Transparent's commercial import add-ons exactly because they are available for hosting yourself, and because it allows smaller web developers to compete at nearly the same level with them.

You've found most of what you want, get yourself a copy of OR free edition and see if it gets you close enough for now, and/or make some suggestions to TT.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way