Thread: search not working prperly after 3.1 upgrade

Default search not working properly after 3.1 upgrade

After the 3.1 upgrade my search page form looked strange and I could not see the list prices in the pull down field element although the pull down is set in the admin page listing field editor. I thought it was a problem with the template or the css, but after changing template and css, everything was the same. The I checked in the configuration of th admin page, and when I try to save the listing configuration I get the following SQL error.

SQL Error Message: Unknown column 'controlpanel_multiple_pclass_selection' in 'field list'
    SQL statement that failed below:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE or_controlpanel SET `controlpanel_number_format_style` = '2' , `controlpanel_number_decimals_number_fields` = '0' , `controlpanel_number_decimals_price_fields` = '0' , `controlpanel_force_decimals` = '0' , `controlpanel_money_format` = '1' , `controlpanel_money_sign` = '€' , `controlpanel_date_format` = '1' , `controlpanel_zero_price` = '0' , `controlpanel_price_field` = '' , `controlpanel_multiple_pclass_selection` = '{value}' , `controlpanel_num_featured_listings` = '10' , `controlpanel_use_expiration` = '0' , `controlpanel_days_until_listings_expire` = '0' , `controlpanel_moderate_listings` = '0' , `controlpanel_export_listings` = '0' , `controlpanel_show_listedby_admin` = '0' , `controlpanel_show_next_prev_listing_page` = '0' , `controlpanel_show_notes_field` = '1' , `controlpanel_feature_list_separator` = '<br />' , `controlpanel_admin_listing_per_page` = '10' , `controlpanel_search_step_max` = '0' , `controlpanel_listings_per_page` = '9' , `controlpanel_search!
    _sortby` = 'listingsdb_last_modified' , `controlpanel_search_sorttype` = 'DESC' , `controlpanel_special_search_sortby` = 'listingsdb_last_modified' , `controlpanel_special_search_sorttype` = 'DESC' , `controlpanel_configured_show_count` = '1' , `controlpanel_max_search_results` = '0' , `controlpanel_search_list_separator` = '<br />' , `controlpanel_textarea_short_chars` = '100' , `controlpanel_map_type` = 'google_us' , `controlpanel_map_address` = 'address' , `controlpanel_map_address2` = 'city' , `controlpanel_map_address3` = '' , `controlpanel_map_address4` = '' , `controlpanel_map_city` = 'city' , `controlpanel_map_state` = '' , `controlpanel_map_zip` = 'zip' , `controlpanel_map_country` = 'Country'

Is this related with my search form problem? Is this a problem with the 3.1 upgrade?

Default Re: search not working prperly after 3.1 upgrade

The same as frontend, at backend the HTML template files also changed.
    Revert your custom admin template (OR_small-old - it has outdated files) to the default "OR_small".

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo you are always write in your advice.
    It looks like you know very well every bit of the OR.
    I managed to make the OR_small work, but only by changing the {load_css_ .........} in the admin folder main.html <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{baseurl}/admin/template/default/..........css" />
    I know that I am not supposed to do that for future update, yet in my OR generally the {load_css_ .........} don't seam to work.

Anyway, all the work was great although some of the layout need to adjust, but bad thing that all this did not resolve the problem with the {templated_search_form}.
    Also it looks like some one else has the same problem.

As usually, you can check it here: http://www.florenceapartmentitaly.co...=search_step_2

Grazie!

Marcello

Hello Marcello. I created my own template through editing a copy I made from lazuli template files. That's probably the reason I could use {template_search_form} without problems until updating. Now that I have updated, and an improved lazuli was published, I can't make that work anymore. I can't use the new lazuli myself, and I'm not sure if changing the new lazuli like I did before is a viable solution. Changing again code and CSS files thus rebuilding my template, every time OR team releases a new version is not a pleasant thought.

I just visited your site, and really would like to know how you made to show {template_search_form} in your home page.. or did you have to write the form code in the page editor yourself?

Thanks,
    Valter

Yes, I agree with you every time I upgrade, although I apreciate the hard work of the team of OR, it is very painful, day after day of stress.
    Anyway, The thing is that I don't remember how I made the layout of the {template_search_form}, because it was maybe one year ago.
    Regarding your question, in the template page seach_page_default.html you have the all the form code, and you suppose to adjust it with the css.
    An other thing that I experience is that the in my OR generally the {load_css_ .........} don't seam to work.

Marcello

I could not agree more with you when you say OR team really works hard, their product is a complete solution when your need is a real estate website. If you were to hire someone to actually do this from scratch here in Brazil, the cost would be too high.Their support, even for the free version users, is really fast and reliable.

If there was a way to upgrade without hurting a custom template, would be great. I mean, even If I could not use the new cool features, at least what I had working would remain working.

I did found the template seach_page_default.html, but just copy/paste it won't do the work. I did allowed pages to execute PHP commands, in the Admin Section, but n luck. I did gave me some ideas I may try, though. Thanks.

I never been to Brazil son I don't know to much about, but because I teach Italian to many people and also Brazilian, I know that you are great people with a good attitude in life.

Anyway, for the problem of the new upgrade changing your custom template you should change the name of your template folder with a name different from the OR standard. In my case a gave the name "en" because in the future I would like to use the Multilanguage addon. Then you should select your custom template in the admin page configuration template in the template selection.

For the other problem, may your problem is different from my. If you explain it again, I will see if it is something that I went through as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritoitaliano View Post
    ...but bad thing that all this did not resolve the problem with the {templated_search_form}...
    There is a bug at v.3.1.1 already reported to Ryan.
    It is related to listing fields type "price". They don't get populated with listing values.
    AFAIK, there is nothing wrong with the tag {templated_search_form}.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Grazie Edoardo,

I resolved most of all the problem on my OR. I sill have some problem with the search form when I use Chrome, I can not pull down the list, it close up very fast so that it is no possible to select anything. Anyway, with Explores and Firefox everything is ok.

here below I explain of I have done.

1) For the problem of the "load_css...", I realized there was no ".htaccess" in my main folder.
    2) In order to have a good lay out of my search page, I copied the seach_page_default.html from the admin/default in to my template folder
    3) I upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1, and log in again

So now every thing is ok, but I am sorry to say but next time I will wait much more before to upgrade, it has been very painful.

Thank you very much for your great assistance!

Marcello

*I forgot! Buon compleanno Edoardo!