Thread: Custom Template no longer working after update to version 3.1.1

Default Custom Template no longer working after update to version 3.1.1

Hello everyone. I made a custom template for my OR copy, and everything was working until I updated to version 3.1.1. After updating, I had to click to update a second time, like said in the forum, to really update to 3.1.1.
    Now I get an error message: "Powered By Tag Removed From Template!" instead of my site. When I turn it back to Lazulli template, everything is normal. Before anyone says the obvious, I do have the {powered_by_tag} in my template, but no matter where I place it, the OR refuses to see it. My template was a customization of a copy from the Lazulli template (version 3.0.0).
    Since people were already adding some content, I need to make it back to work. Please let me know how to fix this. As a last resort, I can call my host support, ask for a full restore and stick with the 3.0.0 version.

Thanks in advance,
    Valter

Default Re: Custom Template no longer working after update to version 3.1.1

Not sure if this is related, but in my template I added a "Central Content", and kept the already existing "Left" and "Right" content areas from the Lazulli template. My {powered_by_tag} is located, just before the closing div tag for the Left Content area, like in the lazulli template.

</div>{powered_by_tag}</div><!-- eof LEFT CONTENT -->
    <div class="content_central"><!-- bof CENTRAL CONTENT --><!-- bof OPEN-REALTY CONTENT TAG -->
    <div class="or_content_tag">
    {content}

Hi Valter,

Help us to help you...
    Please post a link to your custom site template so we can see the source code of your files.
    Also, be sure the tag {powered_by_tag} is present not only at "main.html" but also at all "page#_main.html" files.
    Also, be sure there is no CSS or other code hiding the O-R logo and link.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Hello Eduardo. Thanks for your reply, but Ican was faster to answer my post, though PM.
    In case someone ever have this problem again, here is what happened to me:
    When creating my own template (main.html), back in version 3.0.0, I was testing places for the {powered_by_tag}. Basically, I forgot a commented ( <!-- {powered_by_tag} --> , but since there was a working {powered_by_tag} all was fine. In this new version (3.3.3), the OR was refusing the commented tag (which I had not seen - THANKS AGAIN Ican) and denying access. Simple enough, I deleted the commented tag and this problem was done.
    Now, I'm working some of the new changes over the CSS. A {templated_search_form} no longer work in my home using my template, but does work when switching to the new lazuli template. Funny is that {featured_listings_horizontal} is working as usual.
    By the way, you can see my main.html at http://www.linsimobiliaria.com.br/im...yout/main.html . It is a modified lazuli template (from V 3.0.0).

Any ideas?
    Thanks

MODERATED - please do not hijack the OP's thread. This thread is about the consequences of removing or hiding the OR powered by tag, which is a non-functional template.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

It would seem a lot of people are (*cough*) just now remembering they need to visibly display the OR logo if they are using the free version.

I am not saying that anyone here would ever try to hide it on purpose, but it is quite telling how many PMs I am getting with reports of this very same problem. Kudos to Transparent for closing this loophole.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandking View Post
    Kudos to Transparent for closing this loophole.
    I make your words, my words!

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)