Thread: Database help...

Default Database help...

I don't usually like asking for help the first time I come to a website for for some reason I can't seem to figure something simple out. My default language for coding is c++ but i'd like to learn pp (which is why I am starting in with 2.5.8 and not 3.~)
    I am getting a "We are unable to connect to your database. Please Check your settings and try again." error on install. I have made a new database, and new user. The new user has all access.
    Can someone give me a push in the right direction. *yes i read the installer guide...i'm just being silly or something stupid tonight*
    Image Links:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/x2qbft.jpg
    http://i54.tinypic.com/i1jg41.jpg

Default Re: Database help...

Database and user name have a prefix. You need to type it exactly the way you see at your CPanel.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Wow! Really fast reply.
    I have typed my database prefix in the "Table Prefix" in the OR install. It is correct. Do I also need to type it for the Database: Name, User, and Server, or does the Table Prefix take care of that for me? --Ill try that anyway and edit this.
    Thanks a bunch Eduardo. (Although i'm sure i will be back with more noob-ish questions)

Quote Originally Posted by David023 View Post
    You do need to have the prefix in front of Name&user but not server. The table prefix doesn't take care of that.
    Table prefix is optional. You choose if you wish it or not and O-R will create the tables as your decision. By default it is set as "default_" but you can change it to "openr_" or "david_" or... no prefix.

Database and user name were defined at CPanel. You created it before starting O-R installation so according each HOST it may be required or not. This is not an Open-Realty issue or requirement, but your HOST rule/configuration. For another user it may be different.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Okay, that explains this. Thank you.
    I also found this neat documentation that also could have answered my question: https://docs.google.com/View?id=dhk2...dw62x5fh&pli=1 ...i'm on page ~20 or so. I printed it out. Haha :/

Quote Originally Posted by David023 View Post
    I also found this neat documentation...
    So you can stop reading that. It is an outdated documentation.
    The latest, you can read clicking the link at my signature. You can also have it from the index page of these Forums under the title "Open-Realty® v3.x Documentation".
    Or here: http://www.open-realty.org/docs/rele...est/index.html

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs