Thread: Is the MLS Addon All I need??

Default Is the MLS Addon All I need??

Hello,

I am totally new to open realty and want to check before i make this addon purchase which i think is only thing i am missing. I have a Joomla Real Estate site that i am using CMS Realty & Open Realty, i have the ftp login information for the mls rets data but i am a rookie and not that good with PHP to implement. The TransparentRETS™ DIY Package is the only thing left that i need to purchase that will allow everything to communicate correctly right???

Thanks N Advance!

Thread CLOSED. This forum area is for topics NOT related to Open-Realty, just like it says in its description. For questions about commercial Open-Realty add-ons you should always contact the producer directly.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Is the MLS Addon All I need??

Quote Originally Posted by dklbwf View Post
    I have a Joomla Real Estate site that i am using CMS Realty & Open Realty,
    Too bad you'll never be able to upgrade to OR v3.x or run your site on a server that uses PHP v5.3 or newer as long as you are running CMSRealty. In a few months ALL hosts will be running PHP v5.3 or higher except for the really bad ones who don't care about PHP vunerabilities.

i have the ftp login information for the mls rets data
    RETS does not use FTP, "IDX" does.

The TransparentRETS™ DIY Package is the only thing left that i need to purchase that will allow everything to communicate correctly right???
    No. If the MLS is using a FTP server, you need the IDXManager add-on and then only if the IDX server is compatible. RETS does not use FTP to make listing data available. Contact Transparent Tech if you have any questions about their products.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way