Thread: I don't want visitors to have to sign up as members to be able to reply to a listing

Default I don't want visitors to have to sign up as members to be able to reply to a listing

Version 3.1.2
    Visitors to a website want to be able to respond to an advert simply and quickly, and don't want to have to register- I don't think anyone can disagree with that. The only reason for registration is for the webmaster to be able to track the leads. I can do that easily myself, I don't want to put browsers off by making them give information I don't need.
    I would like to disable this function altogether, so that when a browser clicks on "contact agent" (I am the only agent on my website) they go instead to the contact form which I have amended to provide everything I need to know from an initial contact.
    Any ideas on how I can do this please?
    I had already got rid of the login etc from the template and it was only today when I visited my website from another pc and clicked on the "contact agent" button for a listing that I realised browsers were faced with this. I have been getting a good initial response to my website in a short space of time in terms of hits and moving up my position on google but haven't had any enquiries and I believe this obstacle to be a reason.
    Whatever I do with SEO is pointless if users cannot respond easily to what i put in front of them. has anyone else had the same thoughts and come up with a solution please?
    Last edited by ozsubasi; 04-16-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: I didn't make the title clear enough

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: I don't want visitors to have to sign up as members to be able to reply to a list

That's how the lead management system works. No way to track a user if they are not logged in.

Try a search here, this has been discussed extensively. You don't have to use OR's built-in contact agent feature if you don't want to, you can use one of many PHP contact forms that exist out there, alternatives exist.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Re: I don't want visitors to have to sign up as members to be able to reply to a list

Thanks, I found a thread and downloaded a contact form from ebmarques which has done the job. I'm sure lead management must be useful for some, but I don't need it, I manage my leads easily enough through my emails. From reading other comments here I am not the only one who feels this system isn't user friendly and I guess the ideal scenario would be an either/or option for this. Thanks again for your help.

I am careful what I post here but if you take a good look at your "contact_agent.html" file you will see why "{!check_member} {/!check_member}". If you have issues just send me a quick PM.

Thank you
    Great Templates for your Open-Realty® Website at openrealtytemlates.com
    Need help?, Meet the OR DOC