Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: page#_main.html not displaying under OR 3.1.3

Default page#_main.html not displaying under OR 3.1.3

On our in-house test server running PHP 5.2.17/MySQL 5.0.84, every things works fine.

i.e. /index.php?action=page_display&PageID=3 displays the template page3_main.html.

But when run things on a newer server, running PHP 5.3.3/MySQL 5.0.77, it doesn't work. It just displays the default template main.html. No errors any where that I can find.

Any one else experienced this?

Both are fresh installs, trying to determine the root cause of this. Right now the only difference I can determine is the PHP versions.

Default Re: page#_main.html not displaying under OR 3.1.3

At the new server do you have a PageID 3 at the database? If not, it is required.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Yes, I do, it pulls up the defacto About Us. Content is identical on both servers (fresh install each, no other content/material added yet).

And I've just tried uploading 3.0.12 (again fresh install) and same problem on the newer server.
    And 3.0.12 again works fine on the test server.

So I think that rules out it being a OR 3.1.x issue.

My guess is something has to either be different/wrong in the php.ini of the new server or something is broken in PHP 5.3.3. Compiling a 5.3.6 version of PHP for the test server now to see if I have the same problem. Otherwise going through the php.ini isn't all that fun. I was hoping someone else might have experience this and save me some time. I hate when I don't control both servers.

Depending on how long your path is it may be this PHP 5.3.3 bug Fixed bug #53226 (file_exists fails on big filenames).

Not sure that is the case, I turned on full error logging display and no errors.

Plus it will open up and process an updated main.html template just fine or any of the other changed files in the templates, including specific ones for a pclass's search results.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

The fact that your OR site works (unmodified) on a different server implies you have a server problem.

Change to a different PHP version and see if that fixes it. As Greengiant pointed out to you, there is a bug in PHP v5.3.3 that may be the cause. Bugs in PHP don't usually output to the log unless they trigger a fatal error.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Yes, that's what I suspect. But I would expect an error to display as the PHP bug tracker site indicates, especially with full logging enabled to display on the page.

I'm trying to get the hosting company to upgrade PHP. I upgrade the in-house test server to 5.3.6 and it ran fine. So either something wrong with that version for PHP, the php.ini or Windows implementation of PHP (I've see it before).

I was more concerned here that something in php.ini that might not be right. So far I don't see anything, but then there are a lot of variables.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmang View Post
    Windows implementation of PHP
    Please, please, tell me you are not running PHP (and php sites) under windoze in a production environment.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

NOT by my choice. It was just something I realized when looking at the phpinfo output. All previous servers have been Linux based with the hosting provider.

And gets worse from what I can tell, they appear to be running a 32 bit version of AMP on a 64 bit Windows server.

Unfortunately, the client wants to keep the current hosting so I have little control over the environment. We get to make requests (which I'm currently doing for the PHP) and they have been compliant so far. If they PHP won't work, I'm requesting a transfer to a Linux server. Apache, MySQL and PHP implementations on Windows is just not a smart idea on their part, but not by my choice. All our severs are linux.

What ever I find out to be the case, I will post my findings as to what ultimately solves the issue.