Thread: Mobile Template info - Docs lacking

Default Mobile Template info - Docs lacking

I am trying to create a custom mobile template and can't seem to find any info in the docs on this.

I am wondering if there is a direct url that I can use to access the template. I have a plug-in in firefox that views mobile sites if I know the url. It seems as though Javascript is choosing the template based upon the url that send you back to the full version, but it would be great if there was some url to access the mobile template.

Next does anyone know where the language tags are rendered for the mobile template?
    I searched through the language files for: mobile_full_template_link and didn't come up with anything.

I'm hoping to make a nice iphone app looking browser but these are hanging me up some.
    Thanks in advance

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Mobile Template info - Docs lacking

You can always set your main template to be the mobile template while you are working on it.

Lang template tags start with lang_ so {mobile_full_template_link} is not going to be a lang tag. It's a link template tag. Lang vars in the lang files are also not always necessarily named the same as their template tag counterpart.

Try searching for the text "Display mobile version of website" in your 3_0_0.inc.php lang file.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Re: Mobile Template info - Docs lacking

Thanks Sandking.
    I actually hadn't thought of running the mobile template as the main template while I was working on it. I am designing the mobile template for a live site so I didn't think about using it as the main template. I think I'll install OR on another server and work on it there.

I can't figure out why me searches didn't turn up the lang in the 3.0.0 file. All I can guess is that is had case sensitive searching on and didn't realize it. I searched every which way except with my eyeballs at the bottom of that file.

Thanks again. I will hopefully have a pretty nice looking free Iphone/app looking template to release in the near future. Its coming along great so far.

Now if I can only figure out why my permission to post on my other account (ncosper) that I've had on this forum for a good 5 years was revoked I'll be set....