Thread: Direct to 3.15 install?

Default Direct to 3.15 install?

Is there a way to directly upgrade to 3.15?

I made my second attempt to upgrade from 3.0.12 to 3.1.5 last night, but hit errors galore. So following support forum threads I made changes to PHP using myPHPadmin including removing and adding tables. Alas, I still couldn't get the upgrade to take without fatal errors.

So in a last ditch attempt I restored and went back and tried another piece of advice to make database changes and then run install. I did that and now I have OR 3.0.4.

Is there a download or installer that downloads the latest from the OR website?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: Direct to 3.15 install?

What errors? And did you remove all your add-ons from the /addons folder before upgrading? Any add-ons that used the 'classlistingsdb' DB table need to be changed slightly to work with OR v3.1 and above. Any add-ons that use or work with listing data will usually be affected.

If you really have v3.0.4 running now, there should be an "Upgrade Available" link in your administration area, or it will say it is unable to check for an upgrade automatically because you have that option turned off in Site Config. That's the upgrade option that downloads and upgrades automatically. You would need to keep refreshing your admin area in your browser after clicking for each version upgrade until you get up to OR v3.0.13, after that version the one-click upgrade was improved and will install all versions from v3.1 up to v3.1.5 without having to refresh between each version.

No way you should have been able to go from v3.0.12 back to v3.0.4 using anything other than a copy of OR v3.0.4's program files and installer.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thanks Sandking for the advice. I did end up at 3.0.4, but was able to upgrade all the way to 3.0.13. Now for the final step I got this Fatal error: .../upgrademe.php. I'm trying to find out the answer to this one.

Found an answer. Sandking on another thread recommended using /install. The problem I'm having now is the installer stalls on step=6.

I remove install directory and get Fatal error: Call to a member function RecordCount() on a non-object in /home1/***/***/***/include/class/adodb/session/adodb-session.php on line 63.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to get past this hump so, I can stop having coding cave night sweats! :O

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

You are not actually supposed to remove the installer until after the upgrade process completes.

OR also does not have any files named 'upgrademe.php' so you're fighting a much bigger hump then we can probably help you with here.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way