Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Upgrading, WOn't Accept New Listings

Default After Upgrading, WOn't Accept New Listings

Hello,
    I recently migrated a site from an old server to a new server. The site was running OR 2.3.1. I migrated the site, then upgraded to OR 2.5.8, then finally upgraded to OR 3.1.

I need to get everything running smoothly before I take out a commercial license.

From the front end, everything is fine.

But there are a couple of administrative issues:
    1. Clicking on "Add Listing" from Admin Home, I get a blank screen, as shown below:
    OR_Screenshot1.jpg

2. I can get around the first problem by going to "My Listings" and then using "add listing" from that screen. However, after I enter all the fields, and hit "update" I get the following error:
    Divider1: You forgot to fill out one of the required fields. <br />

Of course, I see some HTML getting shoved in there. But I don't know why the message is appearing anyway, since all fields are filled out. Screen shot below:
    OR_Screenshot2.jpg

Can someone help me figure out what's happening?

Thanks,
    Matthew

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Default Re: After Upgrading, WOn't Accept New Listings

OR v3.1.6 is the latest version, you should upgrade no matter if you have an intention to buy a commercial license or not.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

the_sandking,
    Yes, the site is running version 3.1.6.
    Thanks,
    Matthew

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

You should always state the exact version you are using when you post here.

I cannot re-create this problem using "add listings". Make sure your browser has javascript enabled. If your browser has a JS error console, enable it and look for errors.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

the_sandking,
    Sorry about not posting the version number.

Yes, my browser has Javascript enabled. The client also logged in and she cannot create a listing either -- gets the same error.

This is pretty much the only thing left to iron out with my installation. But I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
    Matthew

I cannot reproduce it either.
    It will be very difficult to give a solution without seeing the files. My guess the problem is related to the "admin" site template files. Please check your "admin" site template folder and be sure you ONLY have ONE FILE inside the folder: "main.html" - and be sure this file is exactly the same as the one that comes with O-R by default at "OR_small" folder - also check you have a folder named "default" with about 70 files inside it.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo,
    Thanks for bearing with me.

OK, here's what my file structure looks like:

"admin/template" has four subfolders:
    cms_admin_integration
    OR
    OR_small

admin/template has one file:
    index.php

There was no main.html file in this location.

There is a file called main.html inside the "cms_admin_integration," "OR," and "OR_small" folders.

However, there is NO main.html file inside the "default" folder.

I copied the main.html file from the "OR_small" folder to the "admin/template" folder. But the same errors appear again.

Is there supposed to be a main.html file in the "default" folder? And should it also be the same as the one in the "OR_small" folder?
    Thanks again for your help!
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSchenker View Post
    OK, here's what my file structure looks like:
    "admin/template" has four subfolders:
    cms_admin_integration
    OR
    OR_small
    Those are 4 admin site template folders. Be sure you have set "OR_small" as your default admin template and after that you can safely delete "cms_admin_integration" and "OR" folders. Keep "default" and "OR_small" folders.

admin/template has one file:index.php
    There was no main.html file in this location.
    That's how it is supposed to be.

However, there is NO main.html file inside the "default" folder.
    That's right, nothing wrong. Be sure you ONLY HAVE ONE FILE at "OR_small" folder: main.html
    O-R will look for all others HTML template files at the "default" folder.

I copied the main.html file from the "OR_small" folder to the "admin/template" folder. But the same errors appear again.
    Delete it.

Is there supposed to be a main.html file in the "default" folder? And should it also be the same as the one in the "OR_small" folder?
    No, for both questions.

Please confirm you have set "OR_small" as your admin site template and it has only one file (main.html). Having it this way... and you still have the reported error, than I have no more guesses. Someone will need to have full access to your installation to try to help you.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. (Author Unknown)

Eduardo,
    Thank you for helping! I madel the changes you described, and it solved the blank screen error. It also solved some other issues with the administrative layout (so I don't have to post about them).

However, the "Divider1:" error was persisting when I tried to add a new listing. Then it struck me that "Divider1" should not be a required field at all. Sometimes, the answer is simpler than we think!

I went into my "Listing Field Editor" and saw one of the "divider" fields set as "required." Well, since there's no action a user can take for a divider, it would always be unfilled and therefore not meet requirements. I changed the divider's "required" field to "no." Suddenly, I was able to enter a property.

So now the issue is solved. I don't see any other problems with the installation. The client is running through the test installation prior to launch. My plan is to run a few more days of tests, then upgrade to a commercial license and go forward from there.

If I had done the original installation of this software, there would probably not have been so many problems. But I inherited the installation from a previous host who let the site go for 5 years without updates, which caused several issues when migrating.

My sincere gratitude to Eduardo and to the_sandking for your patient assistance as I did troubleshooting for this site. I'm impressed by the OpenRealty community and look forward to being part of it.

Thanks,
    Matthew

I changed the divider's "required" field to "no." Suddenly, I was able to enter a property.
    Yeah, the solution was very clear. But first we should find the solution for the blank screen.
    Glad you have it all working with no errors.

Eduardo

Open-Realty® DOCs