Thread: I can't upload pictures

Default I can't upload pictures

I just installed PHP, mySQL, and Apache, So that I can run O-R in a new laptop p4 running windows xp. I want to be able modify my O-R website, and practice PHP. Everyting seemed to be running great, I was able to add a listing with no problem, but when I was going to add a picture to the listing, I was not able to add the picture to the listing. The script did not yield no error regarding width, or pixel size, and when I when to look for the picture in the image folder, the pictures was there!. Does anybody know why this is happening.

I also downloaded the mySQL Administrator with the top programs, and under the Error log folder, it is giving me the same error event, over and over.

040723 0:43:58 Aborted connection 7814 to db: "open-realty" user: "me" host; 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
    Last edited by svtrider; 07-24-2004 at 10:57 PM.
    "My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing…" Unknown

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Check the permissions of the folders you are trying to upload into. The webserver must have "write" permissions in any folder that is to receive images.

In unix this is CHMOD 777 /folder_name.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Default Where do I check

I have added/remove permisions in the server of my hosting company, but I don't know how to change permisions on a windows machine that is running apache, mySQL, php. Does anybody know where I can do this.
    "My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing…" Unknown

There are no settings on a windows machine to make folders writable. Since the pictures are going into the folder, this is not the issue. Sounds like the picture info isn't going into the DB. Check your listingsImage table to see if the picture info is there.

Default It is empty

I checked the listingsImage table to see if the picture info is there, But the table is empty. I tried looking in the php.ini, apache.conf file, and my.ini, but is all foreing to me.

Sounds like an Sql problem. It's not writing to the DB for some reason. Since you're running it on your local machine you probably can't get the emails to tell you what the Sql error is. Try checking youe MySql error logs to see if anything is there.

Default Solved!

Ever since I started playing with O-R in my old desktop, I had problems setting up Apache, mySQL, and PHP in a windows xp machine. I was always able to run them, but some features never worked properly. When I tried to installed them in this laptop for development/learning purposes, I also had problems. After searching for information in the web, I found a website called apachefriends.org. They provide a free program called XAMPP, with is an easy to intalled distribution containing Apache, mySQL, and PHP. I did not had to modify no files. For the first time I was able to run O-R in my pc, with no problems. Then again, I have only been using it for two days!. Just wanted to share this information, because I am sure that I am not the only person who has had trouble installing those programs.

Cool try this

Deactivate thumbnail in common.php