Thread: little info needed on openrealty searches

Default little info needed on openrealty searches

I'm working on a MOD that allows a user to e-mail the company, using a form, if their search returns no results. I want it to be able to automatically send the search query, formatted so a laymen can read it, in the e-mail. My problem is that I am a little hazy on exactly how the searching works in openrealty. I have tried studying the code, but I get stumped. how is that query info processed exactly?

I know this is a big question, but I am completely stumped on this one as well. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

What a cool idea!

I'm no code geek, so I'm not sure specifically how you'd go about it, but the search query is right in the URL:
    /listingsting_browse.php?price-min=50000&price-max=100000
    &type=&beds-min=5&beds-max=13&sq_feet-min=6000&
    sq_feet-max=9500&home_features%5B%5D=Waterfront&home_featu res%5B%5D=Patio%2FDeck
    &home_features%5B%5D=Boat+Lift&home_features%5B%5D =Hardwood+Floors

Since you know what search options you're offering on your search page, you know what the various search fields are going to be called, and you could do a series of if statements to echo human-friendly output for the variable and its value:

if isset(price-min) echo "With a minimum price of $price-min";

I guess the more elegant way would be to pull the search field names dynamically from the db, so that it would be a mod that people could drop into their site without customizing all the field names by hand.

I still have trouble with arrays, so I'm not sure how you'd handle things like muiltiple checkboxes for a single field name. I'm sure the code gurus that hang around here would know.

Overall, I don't think this would be too difficult. I can picture almost all of it (except for the arrays and pulling the field names dynamically).
    Sonja Ray

my half assed way of doing it is going to be to use the search query and apply string manipulation, but in the end i need the database so that i can pull things like labels and such, so that my clients can understand the e-mails they are getting.

Default another option

create a form to send to formmail etc. and redirect the search page with the "search returned 0" to the contact page... you can set up a separate contact page for this...

or

embed the contact form into the display of the search returning no results...

i'm working on a way to implement your idea into a present site i'm working on

ADP

if anyone is ointersested in the news ticker and the integration of the wysiwyg homepagge editor... let me know and i'll try to whip up a package