Thread: Minor pic upload bug

Default Minor pic upload bug

I deleted an upload listing pic, modified the original and saved it and reuploaded it. The pic did not change from the original! In order to get it to change, I had to save it with a different name and upload that.

I'd guess that this wasn't a bug so much as it was a caching issue, either with your browser, your ISP, or your server.

The real test would be to delete the uploaded listing pic and then go look at the database entry. If that pic is gone from the database, the pic really did get deleted. If the deleted pic is still listed in the db, then we have a bug.

I haven't actually performed such a test, but I haven't yet encountered an instance where a pic didn't get deleted when I deleted it.
    Sonja Ray

Quote Originally Posted by sonjay
    I haven't yet encountered an instance where a pic didn't get deleted when I deleted it.
    It wasn't that the pic didn't get deleted, it was that it reappeared in original form when I tried to upload a different image with the same name.
    I will do some more checks tomorrow to see if it is cache related.

Default Further check on possible bug

Quote Originally Posted by sonjay
    The real test would be to delete the uploaded listing pic and then go look at the database entry. If that pic is gone from the database, the pic really did get deleted. If the deleted pic is still listed in the db, then we have a bug.
    I deleted:
    2_property2.jpg
    A check showed that it was no longer in the database.
    I then modified property2.jpg on my PC and uploaded the modified pic, which is as the attached image.
    If you look at [URL=http://bymnews.com/property/admin/edit_listings_images.php[/URL] you will see that the pic displayed does not match the attached image.

Well it didn't when I posted this, but it does noww, so I guess that confirms it is a cache issue.

Sorry if I raised an unecessary bug alarm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marian; 08-03-2004 at 05:48 PM.

I was just about to say, that still sounds like a caching issue.....

Glad you got it figured out.

Whenever I'm doing any sort of development, which is almost all the time, I generally keep my browser set to never cache anything. I've been bit by that bug too many times in the past.
    Sonja Ray