Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to change the font size and color

Thank you for trying.

I am not trying to change the font of a link. To be more precise I am working in trying to change the font of the listingview.php such as the field_caption and the field_value.

Sincerely
    Frank Malone :-?

Smile

Hi sonja thank you for your help.

I try your sugestion but I got an error message:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/www/test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b/template/generic/style.php on line 452

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b/template/generic/style.php:452) in /home/www/test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b/include/main.php on line 4

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b/template/generic/style.php:452) in /home/www/test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b/include/main.php on line 4

Sincerely
    Frank Malone

Oh, yeah, that's inside a php echo statement. You have to escape the quotes with backslashes:

<h6 class=\"cap\">
    Sonja Ray

That will fix the error but I don't think it will fix the formatting. I just went through this trying to change the caption on the featured listings. The text he is trying to change is in the middle of an <a href> tag so the change has to be made in the section of the css file I mentioned above.

No, lines 451 and 455 where he wants to change the style aren't links. There's one further up, in the "if field type is url" section, that is a link, but the lines where Frank has put his ill-formed tags isn't a link.

But you're right in that if he wants to change the look of a link he would need to set it in an a:link etc. declaration rather than just a span class.
    Sonja Ray

Smile

hey sonjay

Thank you

The font type change but not the color also the formating is now off.

here is the link if you want to see what I am talking about
    http://test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b...hp?listingID=4

Any other sugestion to get the color and and fix the formating?

Sincerely
    Frank Malone

PS. Actualy I event try to change the font family and the font size and it did not change any thing .
    Last edited by frankmalone; 08-08-2004 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Additional info

Well, I find a link to a stylesheet in your file, but it's "not found" when I try view it. So first you need to make sure the link to your stylesheet is correct. Where is your stylesheet located?
    Sonja Ray

Smile Here is my files

Good Morning Sonjay

I am unsure, what is it that you want?

Just in case I added my style.css and style.php to this reply

Sincerely
    Frank Malone
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, you have your style defined okay in your stylesheet, and you have it applied properly in your style.php -- but the problem is, your page isn't linking to that stylesheet. The page links to a stylesheet named style.css at the document root level of your site. Here's the stylesheet link that's on your listingview.php page:
    <link rel=stylesheet href="/style.css" type="text/css">

See that leading slash in the link? That's telling it to look for your stylesheet at the document root of your site. But there's no such stylesheet at the document root of your site.

Your stylesheet where you added the h6.cap style declaration is located at:
    /open-realty115b/template/generic/style.css

So the reason the text formatting isn't changing is that the page isn't finding the stylesheet. You need to correct the stylesheet link, which should be in your usertop.html page.
    Sonja Ray

Smile

Thank you so much Sonjay

It worked but the lay out of the page is still off.

check it out:
    http://test.vmcs.net/open-realty115b...hp?listingID=4

Sincerely
    Frank Malone :smile: