Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOD - Virtual Tour Module [091304]

Thumbs up MOD - Virtual Tour Module [091304]

MOD Name: Virtual Tour Module
    Author: Mick`
    MOD Description: This mod will add virtual tour functionality to your Open-Realty website.
    Panoramic images can be uploaded through and admin interface on the Edit Listings page.
    Listings with virtual tours uploaded will have a button on the listing to be clicked on which will open the Virtual Tour in a small Popup window.
    This version has a Drop down tour selection menu and a Text description of the tour that is being viewed below the menu. These fields are pulled from the database

This mod does NOT create a virtual tour out of multiple standard images. It requires you to upload a 360 degree spherical panoramic JPEG image. This can be created with different methods such as stitching images from two fisheye lens shots or using a single shot panoramic lens. (Some Single shot lens' will not create compatable images)

Demo: http://www.free-realty.com

MOD Version: 091304 UPDATED
    Installation Level: Moderate
    Installation Time: ~ 10 minutes

[091304] Somehow on the previous release I went back to the fast .2 rotation speed. This is fixed back to .1 to slow the rotation down a bit.

This mod has been tested and confirmed working on the following browsers:

Win98/IE6
    WinXP/IE6
    Win98/FireFox .8 & .9
    WinXP/FireFox .8 & .9
    Linux/FireFox .9
    WinXP/Mozilla 1.7
    Win98/Mozilla 1.7
    Linux/Mozilla 1.7
    Mac OSX/no idea of browser forgot to ask
    WinXP/Opera 7.x
    Opera worked although the control buttons were EXTREMELY slow to respond, however with Opera's consistant problems with rendering pages and handling java/javascript I have no plans to waste time fixing this, besides... who pays for a web browser? ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mick; 09-13-2004 at 04:12 PM.
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~

Default Mozilla

Works fine on IE, but I cannot get any of the controls to work in Mozilla. A and Z work for zoom, but the buttons won't. It works though at http://www.free-realty.com so what am I missing?

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by brooksh
    Works fine on IE, but I cannot get any of the controls to work in Mozilla. A and Z work for zoom, but the buttons won't. It works though at http://www.free-realty.com so what am I missing?
    Works fine for me in MOZ at that link. Is your JAVA installed and up to date?

(a little slow, though but it's the connection, not the app I think..)
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I just double checked that what I'm running on my demo site is the exact same version as what's provided in the mod package.

I've tested this mod on IE 6, FireFox .8 & .9, from 4 different computers including Win98, WinXP and Mandrake Linux. I also had a friend test on Mac OSX (no idea what browser though sorry) and it's been confirmed working without problems so if you are having problems I'm very interested to know your system specs and configuration.

If it's not working on your site properly but is on the demo site then perhaps if you could provide a link to show where it's not working then maybe I can troubleshoot it better.

Hi Mick,
    I believe he said Mozilla was the problem.

I like the new and improved silver buttons to navigate the tours...sweet deal.
    Thanks!
    RealEstate
    RealEstate

True... I have tested on Mozilla... I say firefox 'cause it's based on moz engine and way better but I test on both... I posted a complete list of what I have tested on (or others have for me).

On Mozilla on my older machine I noticed it took about 2 seconds for it to respond to the control buttons, however after that all buttons responded immediately. If you're on an older, slower machine the applett may be hanging up with the change in state.

Lightbulb Support for non 360 degree images desired

It would be great if this was supported. for example an 200 degree image. just perhaps have an option that you select for each tour if its 360 or not... so it would go back and forth not all the way around..

Awesome work by the way!

Default Speed Adjustment

I am trying to adjust the speed of the tour. I found an old posting for the [040504] mod. To adjust {auto=0.5} and <pram name="auto" value="0.4"> in virtualtour.php

On this version these fields do not exist. How can the speed be adjusted?

Also I am trying to embed the viewer in listingview.php rather than have a popup
    as an option. The tour shows up OK but the other listing data does not.
    usually only the "problem please contact the administrator" shows.
    I guess it is something to do with the SQL any ideas?

To adjust the speed those fields do exist just with different values than the much older version you were looking at. I currently have them set at 0.1, {auto=0.1}. I did this 'cause .4 & .5 was way to fast with modern machines.

I haven't tried embedding the VTour into the listing view but the error message you're getting is probably due to the $listingID variable being blank. I haven't looked at the two pages together but the vtour code may be interfering with the listingview's code, particularly the $listingID

I'll take a look at them this weekend if I get some free time.

Thanks for the speed info. That works OK except it goes back to the slow speed when the forward or back button is used. I am not to woried about that.

I have managed to embed in listingview by putting the javascript in listingview
    then putting the rest in a function in style adding global $conn, $config at the top. Then calling the function in listingview. This works except the control buttons have no effect.