Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Vbulletin and Open Realty Integration

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default Vbulletin and Open Realty Integration

    Hi,

    Would be possible to integrate Open Realty with vbulletin 3.0.3?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solboy
    Hi,

    Would be possible to integrate Open Realty with vbulletin 3.0.3?
    I guess not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    559

    Default

    This site (www.open-realty.org ) is a good example how to use OR and VBulletin togheter. Install the VBulletin is seperate dir and put a link in the menu.

    Only if you want use the same layout for both scripts you must check how the Vbulletin template is build.


    Marten

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marb
    This site (www.open-realty.org ) is a good example how to use OR and VBulletin togheter. Install the VBulletin is seperate dir and put a link in the menu.

    Only if you want use the same layout for both scripts you must check how the Vbulletin template is build.


    Marten
    Thanks for the reply. What I want is user integration and as you mentioned the same layout.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    559

    Default

    With a bit tweak you can ad the sign-up and login in the agents area.
    Use user-edit.php and edit-my-account.php for that.

    Layout;
    VBulletin have a good documentation of the script.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

    Templates can easy modify.

    Instead of the start include and end include of VBulletin code use user-top.html and user-bottom.html of the OR script.
    If it dont work with the user top and bottom then a iframe is a option.

    The best way is try things out.

    Marten

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marb
    With a bit tweak you can ad the sign-up and login in the agents area.
    Use user-edit.php and edit-my-account.php for that.

    Layout;
    VBulletin have a good documentation of the script.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

    Templates can easy modify.

    Instead of the start include and end include of VBulletin code use user-top.html and user-bottom.html of the OR script.
    If it dont work with the user top and bottom then a iframe is a option.

    The best way is try things out.

    Marten
    Thanks for the tips marb.
    Are you a programmer?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Solboy wrote;
    Are you a programmer?
    No I'm not a programmer.

    Marten

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Root
    Posts
    355

    Default

    if all you need is the same theme for both apps set up it the templates on or, and the header and footer themes in vbulltein

    simply edit the template your running in vbulltein


    i wouldn't even ask about cobiming them together to share the same database of users etc as this is a serious task beyound most here in terms of time and effort involved

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Ok thanks,

    I think I will look for a programmer for this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default Any Luck?

    Just curious if solboy had any luck with integrating the user databases. I have been trying to find a way to do this for a while now. Any info would be great.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •