Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Templates

Default Monster Templates

Hi All

Could somebody please help me. I have been looking at the premium templates from Monster Templates and was wondering how hard it would be to introduce them into OR.

For example I have purchased several of the templates that I would like to use keeping the whole layout the same and just add the content from OR, such as featured properties login.

As you may be aware when you purchase the templates you receive all content in html. An example of the type of site I want to use

I would be very grateful if anybody could assist

The short answer is that you would have to rewrite open-realty. An OR template has a content pre-determined content area and the OR features such as searching and browsing fit into the content area. On the other hand you could rebuild the premium template to accommondate the OR features. As an aside, I have often wondered how anyone could fit their content into many of these commercial templates. Your example template has three columns with numberous boxes in the columns, I can't imagine writing content to fit such a design.

As Frank sey you can modify such template as from you example.

Most of the content that is showing is only on the index page.

Below are some links to mods that you can use, perhaps a bit modify, and install on the index page.

Marten

Quote Originally Posted by lasor
    Hi All

Could somebody please help me. I have been looking at the premium templates from Monster Templates and was wondering how hard it would be to introduce them into OR.

For example I have purchased several of the templates that I would like to use keeping the whole layout the same and just add the content from OR, such as featured properties login.

As you may be aware when you purchase the templates you receive all content in html. An example of the type of site I want to use

I made this one fit in a commercial template.
    http://www.huntedhouse.co.uk/

pm me if you need my help or msn messager me thepcman@msn.com

Hope this helps

Hi ican

I have sent you a PM

Cheers

Lasor

Hi Lasor

well I have been doing TM for OR for a while now. I have found that all TM templates have to be redone again any way as the do not design them with web standards.

I am doing a clients design at the moment
    http://ore.awddesign.co.uk/demo/

this one is in eng and spainish

Also I here as well
    http://www.bookavacation.co.uk/
    still working on.

go to http://ore.awddesign.co.uk/index.php?id=1
    and you can see more

If you need a price for convertion PM me

regards
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by lasor
    Hi All

Default Sure it can be done.

It could be done,
    You could use that template with the alpha2 release of open-realty.

In fact if you had the original PSD files it could be done using CSS.

FYI

Jared.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredjritchey
    It could be done,
    You could use that template with the alpha2 release of open-realty.

In fact if you had the original PSD files it could be done using CSS.

FYI

Jared.
    Exactly what I said you can do, you can re-write the template using their images, and colors.

Default Its a snap

The fact of the matter is that what you propose is as simple as "falling off of a log". Yes, of course, if you want 2 listings you have to place the template part in the loop that outputs the properties, but this is a simple matter. The fact that the maker does not adhere to arbitrary "web standards" set by the self appointed W3C is of little matter as is also the case with the ever snooty validator. Since nearly everyone on the planet uses IE and the rest Firefox (even more forgiving now @ 1.x) the standard is does it work? Folks who use "alternative" and antique browsers are simply used to content looking a bit "off" and their numbers so statistically insignificant among those who actually can afford a house this is a non issue. If, on the other hand, you specialize in properties with bunkers to thwart the New World Order or low rent shacks perhaps you should care what your site looks like in NS4...

If you like that template and want to get it up and running contact me.

BTW - It is a bit cluttered for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by tombones
    The fact of the matter is that what you propose is as simple as "falling off of a log". Yes, of course, if you want 2 listings you have to place the template part in the loop that outputs the properties, but this is a simple matter. The fact that the maker does not adhere to arbitrary "web standards" set by the self appointed W3C is of little matter as is also the case with the ever snooty validator....
    You miss the point about standards. First, most certifying bodies are self-appointed, they gain credibility by the people they attract to support them. To infer w3c does not have credibility is simply your opinion. Second, web standards point the way to the future. It's true, that today, most people use IE and that fine for those people, but what happens as more and more devices other than PCs connect to the web. Sites using out-dated html will need to be re-written to display properly on new devices (most of which are and will be standards compliant). Finally, having a site that validates is an excellent sales pitch even you don't believe it makes for a better site. If you are a web developer using standards, many of your sites will run without any modifications on all standard compliant devices and others will need just a few tweaks at most. I am already receiving inquiries for realtors for web sites which can display listings on hand helds. Now this is only my analyses and may or may not change as time goes by, it may not work for you but for now it works for me.