Thread: Template Modifying?

Default Template Modifying?

I am trying to modify the user_top.html and the user_bottom.html files and they are not changing the way the index.php looks.. are these files not being read properly??? I have done a lot of work to them that i KNOW should be changing the index.php but the only thing that changes the index.php is if i take out the total path to the two files.. but anything i change int he two files do not mod the way it looks.. any suggestions??

www.homedecorlighting.com/estate/ <--- url adress where it is at....thanks

Ryan Thompson

Default Oops Wrong Url

www.timeglassconsulting.com/estate

but there is nothing there...just the normal template... i just need to know why when i change the user_top and user_bottom it doesnt change anything...

Ryan

What is below your table is index.php
    Last edited by tombones; 01-08-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Default huh?

what are you talking about?

Are you sure you are putting the modified user_top.html in the correct folder? That's the only thing I can think of.

Try just changing the text in the index.php page and see if those changes are reflected. Try just changing the title of the page in user_top.html and see if that change is reflected. Try little things at a time and see if those work.

But first, make sure you are changing user_top.html in template/vertical-menu. Then, double check your index.php file to make sure that it's set to INCLUDE the correct user_top.html. Last, but not least, post the code of your index.php page somewhere for us to look at (just change the PHP extension to "txt" so we can read it).
    -ts