Thread: Where do I go to see my database?

Default Where do I go to see my database?

I have made my fields and inserted data. Now where do I go to see it? I've got it all installed. Do I need to make changes to any of the pages to see my site. I only get the open reality site instead of my own.
    My site is www.paintandquarterhorses.com I've tried to put in my user, pw and databse name into the common.php, then I get an error at the top of the page. www.paintandquarterhorses.com/horses/index.php
    Can you take a look and see?
    Thanks,
    <?php
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // common include file
    // you will have to set your preferences below...
    // please be careful with this file -- make a backup if you're at all worried
    // about screwing stuff up.

$config = array();
    global $config;

// SITE INFORMATION
    // make sure this info is accurate
    $config['version'] = '1.1.5b'; //Do Not Modify
    // Your site's web address (don't forget the http://) - leave off the trailing slash
    $config['baseurl'] = 'http://paintandquarterhorses.com/horses';
    // The actual location of openlistings on the machine -- leave off the trailing slash
    // Windows users need to use double slashes eg. c:\\www\\open-realty
    $config['basepath'] = '/home/paintand/public_html/horses';
    $config['admin_name'] = 'Lisa Armstrong'; // Your name -- all email will come from this name
    $config['admin_email'] = 'paintand@paintandquarterhorses.com'; // all email which is sent from the site will come from this address
    $config['site_title'] = 'paintandquarterhorses.com '.$config['version']; // Site title
    $config['company_name'] = 'Paint and Quarter Horses'; // Company Name used on Legal Page.
    $config['company_location'] = ''; // Company Location for header. E.g. "of Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania"
    $config['company_logo'] = '/images/title.jpg'; //Location of company logo.

// DATABASE TYPE
    // default is mysql -- make sure you edit this file
    // to make sure DB settings are correct!
    global $db_type;
    $db_type = 'mysql';
    // possible choices are: access, ado, db2, ado_access, vfp, fbsql, ibase
    // firebird, borland_ibase, informix, mssql, mysql, mysqlt, maxsql, oci8
    // oci8po, odbc, oracle, postgres, postgres7, sqlanywhere, sybase

$db_user = 'paintand_lisa'; //database user
    $db_password = 'XXXXX'; //database password
    $db_database = 'paintand_horses'; //database definition file
    $db_server = 'localhost'; //database server -- usually localhost, but one never knows

// The following is needed only if you are going to use the builtin mysql backup untility.
    // Not required for most functions in the backup utility.
    $phpmyadmin = ''; // Path to phpMyAdmin
    // The following needs to me set to no if your server does not allow you to create indexes.
    $config['manage_index_permissions'] = 'Yes';
    // Table Prefix
    // this allows multiple sites to use the same database, change the value below to a unique
    // value for every site. Leave it as is for single site installs.

$config['table_prefix'] = "default_";

// TEMPLATE DATA
    $config[template_path] = $config[basepath].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    $config[template_url] = $config[baseurl].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    //$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    //$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes

include($config['template_path'].'/style.php'); // style definitions

//LANGUAGE FILE PATH -- USED FOR MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT
    include($config['basepath'].'/include/language/english.php');

// DISPLAY SETTINGS
    $config['listings_per_page'] = 10; //number of listings to show on one page:
    $config['add_linefeeds'] = 'yes'; // convert returns to line feeds? yes or no
    $config['strip_html'] = 'yes'; // Should HTML be stripped out of listings? yes or no
    $config['allowed_html_tags'] ='<a><b><i><u><br>'; // which html tags can a person input?
    $config['money_sign'] = '$'; // default is dollars, but it could be "Ł" for pounds or "€" for euros
    $config['show_no_photo'] = 'yes'; // if a listing doesn't have a photo, should it use the /images/nophoto.gif instead?
    $config['number_format_style'] = '1'; // support for international numbering format. See the documentation for details

function money_formats ($number)
    {
    global $config;
    // formats prices correctly
    // defaults to $123, but other folks in other lands do it differently
    // uncomment the correct one
    $output = $config['money_sign'].$number; // usa, uk - $123,345
    // $output = $number.$config['money_sign']; // germany, spain -- 123.456,78 €
    // $output = $config['money_sign'].' '.$number"; // honduras -- € 123,456.78
    return $output;
    }

// UPLOAD SETTINGS
    $config['max_listings_uploads'] = 7; // max # of pics for a given listing
    $config['max_listings_upload_size'] = '100000'; // (in bytes)
    $config['max_listings_upload_width'] = 700; // max width (in pixels)
    $config['listings_upload_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/images/listing_photos'; // leave off the trailing slash
    $config['listings_view_images_path'] = $config['baseurl'].'/images/listing_photos';

$config['max_user_uploads'] = 5; // max # of pics for a given user
    $config['max_user_upload_size'] = '100000';
    $config['max_user_upload_width'] = 700; // max width (in pixels)
    $config['user_upload_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/images/user_photos'; // leave off the trailing slash
    $config['user_view_images_path'] = $config['baseurl'].'/images/user_photos';

$config['allowed_upload_types'] = array('image/pjpeg','image/jpeg','image/gif', 'image/x-png'); // allowed file types
    $config['allowed_upload_extensions'] = array('jpg','gif','png'); //possible allowed file extensions
    $config['make_thumbnail'] = 'yes'; // use an external thumbnailing tool to resize images
    $config['thumbnail_width'] = '100'; // max width (in pixels) of thumbnails
    // This line is for GD Lib Image Support
    $config['path_to_thumbnailer'] = $config['basepath'].'/include/thumbnail_gd.php'; // path to the thumnailing tool
    $config['gdversion2'] = False; // This Sets what version of gdLibs you have installed Set to tru is you have GD >= 2.0

// These two lines are for ImageMagick Support
    //$config['path_to_thumbnailer'] = $config['basepath'].'/include/thumbnail_imagemagick.php'; // path to the thumnailing tool
    //$config['path_to_imagemagick'] = '/usr/X11R6/bin/convert'; // path to the convert tool, OPTIONAL! (Fill this only if you use ImageMagick)

// LISTING EXPIRATION SETTINGS
    $config['use_expiration'] = 'no'; // should the system use expiration? yes or no
    $config['days_until_listings_expire'] = '365'; // listings should be active for this number of days

// USER SETTINGS
    $config['allow_user_signup'] = 'yes'; // can users sign up through the web site? yes or no
    $config['user_default_active'] = "yes"; // are new users active by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_agent'] = "no"; // are new users agents by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_admin'] = 'no'; // are new users admins by default? yes or no
    // I recommend that you leave the following entries marked "no"... unless there's a particular
    // reason you want new users to be able to do administrative tasks by default...
    $config['user_default_feature'] = 'no'; // can new users feature listings by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_moderate'] = 'no'; // can new users moderate listings by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_logview'] = 'no'; // can new users view logs by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_editForms'] = 'no'; // can new users edit forms by default? yes or no
    $config['user_default_canChangeExpirations'] = 'no'; // can users change the expiration dates of their listings? yes or no

// RENTAL SEARCH SETTINGS
    $config['rental_step'] = '20';
    $config['max_rental_price'] = '100';
    $config['min_rental_price'] = '800';

// MODERATION SETTINGS
    $config['moderate_users'] = "no"; // should new users require moderator approval to be "active?" yes or no
    $config['moderate_listings'] = "no"; // should listings require moderator approval to be "live?" yes or no
    $config['email_notification_of_new_users'] = "yes"; // should the site admin receive an email notification if someone registers? yes or no
    $config['email_notification_of_new_listings'] = 'yes'; // should the site admin receive an email notification if someone adds a listing? yes or no
    Last edited by webscapes; 01-17-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Where did you go to set up OR? Did you run the configurator.php file or did you go into your database and set it up yourself? Have you uploaded OR anywhere? How did you insert data? I can't find any OR pages at the URL you gave. Tell us a bit more.
    -ts

the username or password are not correct for your mysql database or the user doesn't have permission to access that database
    Open-Realty 2 Documentation

~The Difference Between an ORDEAL and an ADVENTURE is ATTITUDE~