Thread: possible to update aboutus file in admin area?

Default possible to update aboutus file in admin area?

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make some of the pages updateable. What I mean is to allow the admin to update the "aboutus.php" or "Contactus.php" files via the admin area. I will be setting up several of these sites and it would make a better selling point if I could say they were able to do that on their own.

You can in OR 2.0 but it's not ready for a production site.

Thanks! I'm only found this program about 3 days ago. I now have one nice site almost ready and I CAN'T WAIT to see v2.0.

i was thinking of doing the same on my own sites, where you can simply goto to admin section and click edit pages or similar and edit them to suit, maybe even drop in a OS html editer to make it easier for users to edit these pages online.

i was thinking that maybe create a directory under / called pages.

include txt files in this which could be edited from the admin, with a new page editer, which of course whould be added to the admin selections.

one option might be to remove all content from the aboutus.php contactus.php or other pages and get these files to call the content from pages called from the /pages folder

you could leave in the header and footer calls in the about us and contact us etc, and also simply include another include to call the content from the revelvant page located in the pages folder

the only problem will be creating new pages, this will then require a .php file to be created and also a corseponding txt file in the pages folder, also every new page will have to include the new name of each specfic txt file for that page created, so this is not realy a ideal solution
    I think i have forgotten more then i have learned over the past few years!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spencermjax
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make some of the pages updateable. What I mean is to allow the admin to update the "aboutus.php" or "Contactus.php" files via the admin area. I will be setting up several of these sites and it would make a better selling point if I could say they were able to do that on their own.
    This can be done very easily either by DB or a flat TXT file via the admin panel. The great thing, as alread mentioned, is it will be aviable in 2.0. So if you wait a few days you'll get it.
    Best,
    Brad
    WWoBn Communications Group