Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quicktime mod

Default Quicktime mod

I've been working on coding a quicktime mod for my client site and wanted to know if others think this would be of benifit.

Here is the link.
    http://www.domainname.com/listingview.php?listingID=3

Currently the site uses a Admin screen similiar to the Virtual Tour Mod admin to allow client to upload .mov files for the listing. I also a renderVideo in the listingsview.php just like the Virtual Tour Mod to display the link if there are any .mov files uploaded for the listing.

Check out the link Click Here for Video Tour to see the demo.

I will work to clean up the code to post it here if you think it is of value.

Ok, I know the site is just in begininning stages so tons of links will not work.

alsmith;

I'm curious, why would you need to create a mod to use quicktime features. I just plug them into my web pages.

More detail please.

Jared.

This mod lets you create them from the admin, at least upload them from the admin. I know how to embed them but my client does not know how.

The client I have has a digital camera and is trying the panoramic views after I used Micks Virtual Tour Mod. He soon called to ask if it was possible to use the video features in his camera to take small quicktime videos with sound to use them on the site.

My first attempt was to embed the video into the site, then I though about allowing for multiple videos. (My sample only has the Sample.mov from my computer, I am waiting for him to send some otheres.)

He should be able to upload several (configured in common.php) files to display in the popup menu.

Here is the start of the Install instructions and the files I am using. See if they work for you and answer your question.

Again Thanks to Mick for the idea using his Virtual Tour Modual

--Al
    Attached Files Attached Files

Having errors running this mod.. can you help?

SQL error-----
    -- March 1, 2005, 9:47:08 am -- SELECT ID, caption, file_name, thumb_file_name, description, rank FROM default_vTourVideos WHERE (listing_id = '1') ORDER BY rank

thx

steve

Quote Originally Posted by alsmith
    This mod lets you create them from the admin, at least upload them from the admin. I know how to embed them but my client does not know how.

The client I have has a digital camera and is trying the panoramic views after I used Micks Virtual Tour Mod. He soon called to ask if it was possible to use the video features in his camera to take small quicktime videos with sound to use them on the site.

My first attempt was to embed the video into the site, then I though about allowing for multiple videos. (My sample only has the Sample.mov from my computer, I am waiting for him to send some otheres.)

He should be able to upload several (configured in common.php) files to display in the popup menu.

Here is the start of the Install instructions and the files I am using. See if they work for you and answer your question.

Again Thanks to Mick for the idea using his Virtual Tour Modual

--Al

did you run the vvideoinstall.php?

Did you upload any .avi videos?

What is the URL to the site?

i think this is a good feature for real estate agents. i recently started doing business with agents, and they ask me to take a lot of pictures of their properties and some have even asked me to take some video of their properties. I have started to rent them out some inexpensive vid cameras, for them to take with them when they go to their properties. this quicktime mod would be great for me, thats for sure.

Default Re: Quicktime mod

Quote Originally Posted by stevet
    Having errors running this mod.. can you help?

SQL error-----
    -- March 1, 2005, 9:47:08 am -- SELECT ID, caption, file_name, thumb_file_name, description, rank FROM default_vTourVideos WHERE (listing_id = '1') ORDER BY rank

thx

steve
    I have found the answer to this error:
    There is a small bug in the file "vvideoinstall.php?"

Find:
    $sql_insert[] = "CREATE TABLE " . $config[table_prefix] . "vTourVidesos

and change at to:
    $sql_insert[] = "CREATE TABLE " . $config[table_prefix] . "vTourVideos

Thats all.
    But after this you can use it, but there is no way to upload a file. Like .mov etc. Every time you get the Error Message: "upload_attac". I spent a lot of tome to fix it, but I don´t find it.

Any ideas?

Merry Christmas.

look for
    $config['allowed_upload_types'] = array('image/pjpeg','image/jpeg','image/
    gif', 'image/x-png', 'video/quicktime'); // allowed file types
    in the common.php

for other type images (movies you will need the allowed file type in the commin.php

I hope this helps, I've not tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by alsmith
    look for
    $config['allowed_upload_types'] = array('image/pjpeg','image/jpeg','image/
    gif', 'image/x-png', 'video/quicktime'); // allowed file types
    in the common.php

for other type images (movies you will need the allowed file type in the commin.php

I hope this helps, I've not tried it.
    Thanks for your quick answer...

I try this. But it give me the same error... Bad.

$config['allowed_upload_types'] = array('image/pjpeg','image/jpeg','image/gif','image/x-png','image/mov'); // allowed file types

I try also video/mov and movie/mov. I doesn’t work

On the other way, when I try to upload a movie/ video All my Virtual Tour Files will disconnected... I have this Pictures to delete and store them again…

So i try again and mean i fix something and I belive that i found the problem.

... film.mov invalid file type: application/octet-stream

There is no "$config['allowed_upload_types'] " for movies/ videos etc. like .mov, .mpeg, .avi...

I don´t found anything in the Forum or in the Internet for fix this problem. Have anyone a Idea?
    Last edited by Ron Miller; 12-24-2005 at 04:41 AM.

Post Re: Quicktime mod

Hey; are you looking the PHP config in your webserver ?

Look this Variable in your webserver :
    _SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"]

You can made this
    <?
    phinfo()
    ?>
    Upload to webserver as phpinfo.php and execute this job, look at the last part on the report.

Ask your ISP.

Regards
    Carlos