Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quicktime mod

Default Re: Quicktime mod

I have played with this mod for a couple weeks now, I have not been able to get it to work with quicktime movies (.mov), but I do have it working with .wmv,.mpg,.asf,.mp3 files. I used the vvideo file posted here in this thread. It took a ahile to find the boo-boos....and then I had to change a few things around. I think it would be a good mod if it worked 100%.
    Working on OR1.1X.
    There are a few problems, and I am not quite sure how to solve.

1. When you open the admin area all videos start to play, you need to pause them on open of page.
    2. Videos and MP3 work in Firefox, but I am not quite sure why. They are supose to play with the quicktime player, but Firefox loads the MSplayer for the videos, and the Quicktime player for the MP3's. (Lucked out)
    3. MP3's will work in IE with the Quicktime player, but will not work with the Videos.
    4. Using IE to access the admin section of the videos, and this is another strange thing, the videos will not play, using the embeded MS player, but works fine in Firefox.

I would like to change the Quicktime player with the MS Media player in the file vVideo.php, but have been unsuccesful the code currently looks like this:

<html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function setMovie(movieFile,movieCap,movieDesc){

document.getElementById('movId').innerHTML=
    '<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"' +
    ' codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="320" height="260" id="movie1">' +
    '<param name="src" value="'+movieFile+'">' +
    '<embed width="320" height="260" enablejavascript="true" name="movie1"' +
    ' src="'+movieFile+'">' +
    '</embed></object>'
    document.getElementById('movCap').innerHTML= ''+movieCap
    document.getElementById('movDesc').innerHTML= ''+movieDesc
    }
    </script>

If anyone knows how I could swap this out, and use the MS Media player please let me know.

Thumbs up Re: Quicktime mod

Fixed, looks like I had more time on my hands than I knew, only 1 last issue to solve with IE.

Videos will not play in admin mode , but that's kinda not a bad thing since you need to stop the videos in Firefox.....or you have 5-8 videos playing at the same time.

You can check it out here

This is just a test site that I play with when I have time.

other than videos and MP3, it also displays pictures

Look for the link "Click Here for My Videos"

Not bad for a Greenhorn
    Last edited by mikey1309; 09-17-2006 at 08:08 PM. Reason: because

Is there a 2.x version of this mod available?

work with 2.x ??

Hi,

Any instructions yet for version 2.3.6?

Would really really appreciate any help with regards to the instructions for this addon.

There is no style.php, user_top.html, main.php, edit_my_listings.php, listings_edit.php or listingview.php as described in the instructions.

Does anyone know where these have gone or which files I need to edit instead please?