Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: exlusive listings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14

    Default exlusive listings

    Is there any mod or feature for creating "members only" secure form to view exlusive listings ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girl2000
    Is there any mod or feature for creating "members only" secure form to view exlusive listings ?
    Can I ask a question? Why do you want to prevent a potential client from viewing your listings? I know you want to give visitors a reason to register but if you put up roadblocks to your content most if not all surfers will take different route. A better approach might be to offer a listing alert to members where they receive first notification of new listings. The old adage of building a better mouse trap and people will beat a path to your door has been replaced by "Build a better path and people will flock to your door."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,654

    Default members only

    Hi

    If you want this may work for you.

    <?php

    /////////////
    //members only

    include("include/common.php");

    loginCheckVisitor('User');

    include("$config[template_path]/user_top.html");

    ?>

    Al

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14

    Default answer

    Quote Originally Posted by frobn
    Can I ask a question? Why do you want to prevent a potential client from viewing your listings? I know you want to give visitors a reason to register but if you put up roadblocks to your content most if not all surfers will take different route. A better approach might be to offer a listing alert to members where they receive first notification of new listings. The old adage of building a better mouse trap and people will beat a path to your door has been replaced by "Build a better path and people will flock to your door."
    I would like to give them free listings, so they can browse no problem, then block them to exlusive listing, that they can get before i post them on the free listing., we just want to collect members info as much as we can.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awddesign
    Hi

    If you want this may work for you.

    <?php

    /////////////
    //members only

    include("include/common.php");

    loginCheckVisitor('User');

    include("$config[template_path]/user_top.html");

    ?>

    Al
    Thanks, I will try that ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •