Thread: OR for your PDA?

Lightbulb OR for your PDA?

hey there's an idea. OR onDaGo

Default good ideal

that sounds great to me. I know my cell phone uses some thing called "W@P"
    to browse the web. I tryed to understand this so I could make an online Bible for cell phones, the pda may be about the same.
    If any one has info on this I would love to know.

Jay

That sounds like a great idea, you could add properties to your site on the move, show potential clients your properties without the need for them to have a pc.

You could setup a dubdirectory of your normal OR website which could be the PDA interface, but setup the subdirectory so it uses the same DB and image directory for the listings.

I wish i owned a PDA now !!
    http://www.scalea-property.com , property for sale in Calabria, Southern Italy

Default well

the ideal way would be to use a diff css file or theme in this case. that way content can stay the same. you have the same site just on a pda instead same tools same info.

Question I'm very interested in PDA + OR

Hello,

I'm very interested in PDA + OR. Is this possible? How can I have it?

If it is necessary, it could pay by this code and publish it, like a contribution for the Open Realty community (if it is cheap: I'm not rich).

Thanks and greetings:

Manuel

Default well

i am not sure what it would take. i dont think its that hard. but i dont have a pda to test with so i cant really do anything heh. not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by msnade
    Hello,

I'm very interested in PDA + OR. Is this possible? How can I have it?

If it is necessary, it could pay by this code and publish it, like a contribution for the Open Realty community (if it is cheap: I'm not rich).

Thanks and greetings:

Manuel
    It is possible, but much of OR would need to be rewritten to be standards css/xhtml and there would need to be design changes. Standard compiant code will display on a PDA but there are concerns. The major problem is that not all PDAs can scroll horizontally.

Default yes

i am doing some research on it. my near end thoughts are that you will either have to rewrite the whole structure of or (already done) or you will have to make pda spacific pages. (easier solution)

Default only need 1 page

you realy only need 1 page for pda not the whole site, just the search page formated to fit. then on picture, but have a link to the thumb nail.

maybe address the page as http://open-realty site.com/pda.php

dose any one know what the screen size is on pda?