Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin > Change "ID Search" to "REF Search"

ok... i've check and the textfield name is really REF and the references that i'm putting exists..i've checked that too...so what more can it be?
    Please try to test this on your site... i really need this..
    thanks very much

Change this line:
    while ($rs->EOF)
    to:
    while (!$rs->EOF)

and it will work.

THANKS A LOT!!!
    Believe me i really do! Works perfectly..good job, excelent help
    I dont wanna be boring, but there is anyway of it says something in case the reference doesnt exists?
    Only if its not too much work for you, i'm already gratefull por the big help..
    Thanks a lot one more time

BIG PROBLEM - Hi, one more time, well like i said the search worked fine, but now, if i dont make a search and on the listing list i click on "Modify listing" it says the "An error ocurred - please contact administrator" and on the e-mail i receive something like:
    " 82.154.144.212 -- March 11, 2005, 2:17:21 pm -- SELECT ID, title, notes, last_modified, featured, active, mlsimport, expiration FROM default_listingsDB WHERE ((ID = ) AND (user_ID = '1')) "

Hope that one more time you can help me on this... Thanks in advance!

Try changing the code to this:

if ($edit!="")
    {
    $sql="SELECT listing_id FROM " . $config[table_prefix] . "listingsDBElements WHERE ((field_name='REF') AND (field_value=$edit))";
    $rs=$conn->Execute($sql);
    while (
    $rs->EOF)
    {
    $sql_edit=make_db_safe($rs->fields[listing_id]);
    $rs->MoveNext();
    }
    if ($sql_edit=="")

{
    $sql_edit = make_db_safe($edit);
    }

This should work. I will say that this can/should be done in a better way but I don't have the time to re-write the code right now.

Ok, so now it dont show the "An error has ocurred - please contact the admin" and i dont receive an error e-mail, but nothing happens, i mean, it appears a page with the menu but with nothing on the main...i think you are closer of the solution ... another suggestion please?
    Thanks one more time

get any solution?

I am at work right now and have not had a chance to take a look. When looking for free support you need to have some patience. I'll try to look at it later if I have some time. Got a lot of things going on right now.

Sorry for the rush, i'm very gratefull for all the help you're giving, its just because this is urgent, but once again sorry i'll wait...
    Thanks!

I noticed now that for exemple if i search for reference 123, it dont go to that listing, but to another listing with a different reference...pleasy try to find a solution to it and test ir if possible...
    I'm really greatfull for all your work and time spended..
    Thanks