Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MySQL User & Password Error

Default MySQL User & Password Error [SOLVED]

When I started common.php at the beginning, it gave me this:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'gennoff@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /var/home/realty/public_html/realty/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 251

I had created an empty mysql database on my server with a username 'gennoff'. And I know for sure that my server is 'localhost'.
    Then I ran directly the configurator and it asked me for no admin name and password, as mentioned in the readme. However, it configured all the stuff there. But afterwords no user registration works because it doesn't contact mysql. I tried registring but it remembers no users or passwords.

Now, I'm not strong in PHP and I don't know why it happens. Can anyone help me please. Thanx.
    Last edited by gennoff; 05-10-2005 at 07:05 AM.

Hi
    Read this, maybe help you.
    http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=5592

Bye

Default What do I miss, people??? I dont't get it.

Hi.
    I'm new to Open Realty and relatively new to PHP, too. I searched the forum but didn't quite get if I have to put these CP prefixes before the mysql username and database or not (for me this is realty_gennoff and realty_realty). Because when I put them, I get this error as early as my index page loads:

There's been a problem -- please contact the site administrator.

IT IS ME!!! That sucks!
    And every time I try to open a page, an SQL Error message comes to my admin email box.

When I don't put these prefixes I don,t get this error message but there's another when I enter the admin page, and it always tells me that username and password don't match:

function.mysql-pconnect: Access denied for user: 'gennoff@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /var/home/realty/public_html/realty/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line

Now, through the MySQL page in my hosting CP I loaded the included in the zip file openrealty.sql file and it created 13 tables in my database. Is this right? Because after running the configurator.php for the first time nothing happened to my sql database.
    Something's wrong and I already started to think that it's with me! What do I miss and what can I do? Can anyone help me somehow and give me a clue? I was very eager at first but now... I don't know...

Thanks,
    Valyo

I am not very good in PHP to but I will put here my common.php, maybe help you. If I was you I detele the DB and start again.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // SITE INFORMATION
    // make sure this info is accurate
    $config['version'] = ''; //Do Not Modify
    // Your site's web address (don't forget the http://) - leave off the trailing slash
    $config['baseurl'] = 'http://www.inmo-portal.com';
    // The actual location of openlistings on the machine -- leave off the trailing slash
    // Windows users need to use double slashes eg. c:\\www\\open-realty
    $config['basepath'] = '/home/plipr/public_html/';
    $config['admin_name'] = 'Joan'; // Your name -- all email will come from this name
    $config['admin_email'] = 'webmaster@inmo-portal.com'; // all email which is sent from the site will come from this address
    $config['site_title'] = 'INMO PORTAL - PORTAL INMOBILIARIO'.$config['version']; // Site title
    $config['company_name'] = 'INMO-PORTAL'; // Company Name used on Legal Page.
    $config['company_location'] = 'Mallorca'; // Company Location for header. E.g. "of Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania"
    $config['company_logo'] = 'http://www.inmo-portal.com/images/title.jpg'; //Location of company logo.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // DATABASE TYPE
    // default is mysql -- make sure you edit this file
    // to make sure DB settings are correct!
    global $db_type;
    $db_type = 'mysql';
    // possible choices are: access, ado, db2, ado_access, vfp, fbsql, ibase
    // firebird, borland_ibase, informix, mssql, mysql, mysqlt, maxsql, oci8
    // oci8po, odbc, oracle, postgres, postgres7, sqlanywhere, sybase

$db_user = 'plipr_'; //database user
    $db_password = ''; //database password
    $db_database = 'plipr_openrealty'; //database definition file
    $db_server = 'localhost'; //database server -- usually localhost, but one never knows

As you can see plipr_ is my prefix but I create the DB with openrealty and I don´t need to put the prefix.

Penney

OK, so I delete everything and then try again. Shall I delete the db from my hosting cp too?

Well, I deleted everything. I created a new db with a new username. Uploaded the whole pack again and see what the configurator.php told me:

0 -- CREATE TABLE default_UserDB (ID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,user_name varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',emailAddress varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',Comments text NOT NULL,user_password varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',isAdmin char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',canEditForms char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',creation_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',canFeatureListings char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',canViewLogs char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',last_modified timestamp(14) NOT NULL,hitcount int(11) NOT NULL default '0',canModerate char(3) NOT NULL default 'no',PRIMARY KEY (ID),UNIQUE KEY ID (ID,user_name),KEY ID_2 (ID));
    ERROR - CREATE TABLE default_UserDB (ID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,user_name varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',emailAddress varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',Comments text NOT NULL,user_password varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',isAdmin char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',canEditForms char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',creation_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',canFeatureListings char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',canViewLogs char(3) NOT NULL default 'No',last_modified timestamp(14) NOT NULL,hitcount int(11) NOT NULL default '0',canModerate char(3) NOT NULL default 'no',PRIMARY KEY (ID),UNIQUE KEY ID (ID,user_name),KEY ID_2 (ID));

Default Chmod

Did you run the CHMOD on the folders you are required to run it on? They have to be set to 777. I know I failed to do this when I was running a test with OR 2.0 and the install failed at certain points. You may want to do this and then run the configurator.php again. If you continue to have problems PM me and I'll walk you through via phone con. I was privelaged enough to have someone do that for me so I will return the favor for you!

Carl
    CVsWebDesign

Thank you very much, Carl. I think I did CHMOD the needed dirs but I'll check everything again and see what happens.
    However, can you tell if it is one and the same thing to run the Configurator and to load the openrealty.sql from the hosting Control Panel?

Thanks again,
    Valyo
    Last edited by gennoff; 05-10-2005 at 06:31 AM.

Running configurator.php will setup everything for you...to include the sql database connection. If you went about this another way, you should go back and do the setup using the configurator.php file.

You want to actually run this FROM a web browser...not in your control panel!

Carl

Thumbs up At Last___success !!!

THIS TIME I DID IT!!!
    Yes, now everything is fine. I had forgotten to add my username to the database and that's why nothing happened. Now I ran the configurator and it did its job very well. Thanks, Carl. And thank you all who gave me your advice and time. I'll try my best to get better and also be of help.

Valyo