Thread: Installation Complete, Time to Customize

Default Installation Complete, Time to Customize

First, let me say I'm excited about OR.....this looks like a great tool. Thanks to all who have put time in on this thing!

OK, secondly, let me state that my technical knowledge is limited. I have SOME html knowledge, but I've mostly worked with FrontPage. I have NO php experience

This being said, I have installed OR on my site and would like to customize it....nothing fancy just get it functional. I've actually seen a template or too that I'd like to use as well. With such limited knowledge, is there a good place to start?

Thanks in advance for ANY help you can offer.

BigE

Post your URL for others to help.

Do you have it configured already and operational?

Try one of the free templates. Failry simple,
    Upload the directory of template to the templates directory then change the

Code:
    $config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    $config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/vertical-menu';// leave off the trailing slashes
    to sonething like
    Code:
    $config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/newtemplate'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    $config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/newtemplate; // leave off the trailing slashes

Albert,

It is installed and everything seems to be working fine. The site is www.midsouthfsbo.com

I'll see if I can make sense of your suggestions on the templates. I guess I'll have to play around with it.

Thanks for your help!

Those changes you have to make are in common.php under the TEMPLATE heading. Place your new template in the TEMPLATE directory. In common.php you may put two slashes before your old template and then put the lines directing to your new one. Something like this:

//$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/old_template'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    //$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/old_template';// leave off the trailing slashes
    $config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/new_template'; // leave off the trailing slashes
    $config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/new_template; // leave off the trailing slashes

Nothing but just another idea...