Thread: Login

With the new multiple member feature i think a method of login from the site front would be benificial. I am still not sure how the extra templates come into play (too busy) but allowing that we have different template_tops for different levels we could instigate login from the client side thus opening the site frame work to suit that level.
    So a normal member/agent or admin logs in and the template switchs to suit giveing alternate links etc as required. this could include an admin link which would open the normal admin area useing current methods of level detection.
    I realise this most likly means a new login function to suit but even with the work involved still a good idea? or am i completely wrong and login is able to be done from outside the admin area allready?

note:it is becouse of program changes that this is not something i would attempt myself. I like to modify yes but i try to do this in a non intrusive manner. Most things i do towards O-R are able to be used without alterations to the original structure of the program this keeps the package in general understandable by at least Ryan.

RealtyOne

RealtyOne,

I'm with yah. I was looking at a way to give my customer a discreet way to get into their site and afford the site to have the same "look and feel" as the main site.

If it requires alot of code change, I volunteer now to test!
    Broadway

Default incomplete but funtional!

/* Caleb's Login Script v1.2 */
    if($userID == "")
    {
    echo("<form action=\"$config[baseurl]/admin/index.php\" method=\"post\">");
    echo("Login Name: <input type=\"text\" name=\"user_name\">");
    echo("Password: <input type=\"password\" name=\"user_pass\">");
    echo("<input type=\"submit\" value=\"Log In\"></form>");
    echo("<a href=\"$config[baseurl]/members/member_signup.php\">Sign Up Now!</a>");
    }
    else
    {
    echo("Welcome $username!<br />");
    echo("<a href=\"$config[baseurl]/members/logout.php\">Log Out!</a>");
    }
    if ($admin_privs == "yes")
    {
    echo ("<br /><a href=\"$config[baseurl]/admin\">Agent Panel!</a>");
    }

?>

RealtyOne--- I think what you are looking for is not that hard to accomplish. You can create a login page and link it from the main page. Then the menu can be modified based on the users level (member, agent, etc.). The login page could also redirect to different areas based on the level. If user it can go to the main page, if agent go to the admin section. I already posted the code for the login page here http://www.open-realty.org/support/s...ead.php?t=2527. The menu change can be accomplished by changing the menu.php file to include If statements for user levels. See example below.

If ($isAgent=='yes')
    {
    link 1
    link 2
    link 2
    }
    If ($isAgent!='yes')
    {
    link 4
    link 5
    link 6
    }

broadway---if you are looking to incorporte the template in the admin section, it is not too hard to do. I've done it on a few sites already. I can't give you a step by step method as it varies slightly depending on the template you are using. If you want, you can send me your template directory and I'll see how hard it would be.

Default Can someone tell me

what the difference is in a "user" and an "agent"? according to my files, they both have the same access privlidges ... can you steer me to where the dfference is in the files .. thanks...

I believe it was setup to allow users to be able to save searches but not be able to add/edit listings, only agents would be able to do that. You probably have this setting set to yes in your common.php which makes all users agents.

$config['user_default_agent'] = 'yes'; // are new users agents by default? yes or no

Default gotcah .. so

basically there is only one type of "user" and admin has to go in and select hose individuals that he has deemed as an agent .. I am just making sure I wasn't missing something .. I thought maybe there was a user signup and a agent sign up .. but I believe not correct?

There is a member_signup and an agent_signup form. The agent_signup form will automatically set them up as agents. The member_signup form will only make them agents if you have it setup that way in common.php.