Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open-Realty 1.1.5b to Open-Realty 2.0 Upgrade Notes.

Default Open-Realty 1.1.5b to Open-Realty 2.0 Upgrade Notes.

Open-Realty 2.0 supports an automated upgrade of your data from an open-realty 1.1.5 site. It does not support 1.1.5 templates or mods. Any custom changes you made to core 1.1.5 files will need to be reworked using the add-on system for open-realty 2.0. You should not modify 2.0 core files in order to allow for future upgrades to be as painless as possible; this is why we started the add-on system.

The only modification that will upgrade is the vtour mod that Mick wrote. It is part of the 2.0 release, and if you had it installed in 1.1.5 it will upgrade all your current vtour data.

If you want a custom template I suggest you first install a test copy of open-realty 2.0 to build your template on, so that your upgrade goes as quickly as possible.

To perform and upgrade from 1.1.5b, first backup your site and your data, and copy down the database information from your common.php file. You should print our a copy of your common.php file as you will be referencing it. You should now remove any 1.1.5 files, and upload the 2.0.X files. Set the appropriate write permissions all files. See http://wiki.open-realty.org/index.php/Install_guide Step 4. Open a web browser and go to http://www.yoursite.com/install/index.php and follow the steps making sure to select a 1.1.5 upgrade and entering the exact same db information as you just copied out the your old common.php file. When the install is complete, on the configuration screen, you need to set all your settings to match the settings in the old common.php file if you want the site to operate in the same manner, make sure to set the administrators email address.. You need to login and remove the install directory. Your Open-Realty 2.0 site is now ready; you can now upload custom templates etc. If you are going to just modify the vertical-menu template, I recommend you make a copy of the template and modify that.

Default Re: Open-Realty 1.1.5b to Open-Realty 2.0 Upgrade Notes.

Dear Sir

I followed your advice and today I noticed that OR 2 is a different system and all my upgrade went wrong. I noticed that template/vertical-menu/ is completely different and also noticed that there are no longer listingview and listingbrowse files.
    Is any possibility to upgrade template/vertical-menu from OR1.15 to OR2 manually IF YES where can this be shown please

Greatly appreciate your thoughts
    Kind regards
    Peter

Is anybody able to help me on the followings:
    1-How to include my user_top & user_bottom files of version OR 1.15 in the OR 2.2 version and to have same index.php looking file
    2-Is any way that listingbrowse & listingview can be activated in the new OR2 version

Greatly appreciate any reply

Default 1.1.5b to 2.0 Upgrade

I have finally upgraded one of my older sites
    Things seem alright, but on teh search result page Only the titles and thumbnail image is being listed. How do I get the beds, bath, desc etc listed?

Is this something that has changed from v.1 to v2?

TIA

Go into listing template editor and mark the fields that you want displayed on the search results page.

I have followed the directions and cannot seem to get this site upgraded. This is for a company. I cannot seem to get the site to work. I am not sure what is going wrong, I have run the install and keep either getting errors or this line. "You must set an administrative email address in the site configuration before you can use your site." I have yet to see the config page so I can't set an email. Is there a line in a file, maybe common, that I can change to make this work? I really don't want to add these listings by hand. :( So any help would be great.

Thanks

cguild

You must set an administrative email address in the site configuration before you can use your site
    Go to www.yoursite.com/admin and login. Click on site config and change the admin email address.

Can't it won't let me. On the install I keep getting this:

ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_activityLog RENAME default_en_activitylog
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_activitylog` CHANGE `id` `activitylog_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_activitylog` CHANGE `log_date` `activitylog_log_date` DATETIME NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_en_activitylog CHANGE `user` `userdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_en_activitylog CHANGE `action` `activitylog_action` CHAR VARYING( 150 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_en_activitylog CHANGE `ip_address` `activitylog_ip_address` CHAR VARYING( 15 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_activitylog` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`activitylog_id`)
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_activitylog` DROP INDEX `id`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_listingsDB RENAME default_en_listingsdb
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `ID` `listingsdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `user_ID` `userdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `Title` `listingsdb_title` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `expiration` `listingsdb_expiration` DATE NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `notes` `listingsdb_notes` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `creation_date` `listingsdb_creation_date` DATE NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `last_modified` `listingsdb_last_modified` TIMESTAMP NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `hitcount` `listingsdb_hit_count` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `mlsimport` `listingsdb_mlsexport` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `active` `listingsdb_active` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` CHANGE `featured` `listingsdb_featured` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` DROP INDEX `ID_2`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` DROP INDEX `ID`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdb` DROP INDEX `idx_mlsimport`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_listingsDBElements RENAME default_en_listingsdbelements
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` CHANGE `ID` `listingsdbelements_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` CHANGE `field_name` `listingsdbelements_field_name` CHAR VARYING( 20 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` CHANGE `field_value` `listingsdbelements_field_value` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` CHANGE `listing_id` `listingsdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` CHANGE `user_id` `userdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` DROP INDEX `ID`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsdbelements` DROP INDEX `idx_listingid3`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_listingsFormElements RENAME default_en_listingsformelements
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `ID` `listingsformelements_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `field_type` `listingsformelements_field_type` CHAR VARYING( 20 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `field_name` `listingsformelements_field_name` CHAR VARYING( 20 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `field_caption` `listingsformelements_field_caption` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `default_text` `listingsformelements_default_text` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `field_elements` `listingsformelements_field_elements` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `rank` `listingsformelements_rank` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` ADD `listingsformelements_search_rank` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` ADD `listingsformelements_search_result_rank` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `required` `listingsformelements_required` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `location` `listingsformelements_location` CHAR VARYING( 15 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `display_on_browse` `listingsformelements_display_on_browse` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `searchable` `listingsformelements_searchable` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `search_type` `listingsformelements_search_type` CHAR VARYING( 10 ) DEFAULT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `search_label` `listingsformelements_search_label` CHAR VARYING( 50 ) DEFAULT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `search_step` `listingsformelements_search_step` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` CHANGE `display_priv` `listingsformelements_display_priv` INT(4) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsformelements` DROP INDEX `idx_searchable`
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_listingsImages RENAME default_en_listingsimages
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `ID` `listingsimages_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `user_id` `userdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `caption` `listingsimages_caption` CHAR VARYING( 255 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `file_name` `listingsimages_file_name` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `thumb_file_name` `listingsimages_thumb_file_name` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `description` `listingsimages_description` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `listing_id` `listingsdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `rank` `listingsimages_rank` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_listingsimages` CHANGE `active` `listingsimages_active` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE default_UserDB RENAME default_en_userdb
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `ID` `userdb_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `user_name` `userdb_user_name` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `emailAddress` `userdb_emailaddress` CHAR VARYING( 80 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `Comments` `userdb_comments` TEXT NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `user_password` `userdb_user_password` CHAR VARYING( 50 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `isAdmin` `userdb_is_admin` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `canEditForms` `userdb_can_edit_forms` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `creation_date` `userdb_creation_date` DATE NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `canFeatureListings` `userdb_can_feature_listings` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `canViewLogs` `userdb_can_view_logs` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `last_modified` `userdb_last_modified` TIMESTAMP
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `hitcount` `userdb_hit_count` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL
    ERROR - ALTER TABLE `default_en_userdb` CHANGE `canModerate` `userdb_can_moderate` CHAR( 3 ) NOT NULL

and theres more
    I 've tried everything even earasing my install directory and I just can't get it.

Thanks for your response

cguild

If you have already ran the install, you will get errors running it again as the changes should already be made. What happens when you go to www.yoursite.com/admin?

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it. This is the error:

Warning: main(/home/lansing/public_html/lht2/include/language/en/lang.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lansing/public_html/lht/admin/index.php on line 52

Warning: main(/home/lansing/public_html/lht2/include/language/en/lang.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lansing/public_html/lht/admin/index.php on line 52

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/lansing/public_html/lht2/include/language/en/lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lansing/public_html/lht/admin/index.php on line 52

Warning: main(/home/lansing/public_html/lht2/include/misc.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lansing/public_html/lht/admin/index.php on line 64

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/lansing/public_html/lht2/include/misc.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lansing/public_html/lht/admin/index.php on line 64

It keeps calling from a sub directory called lht2 but there is no sub directory with that name.