Thread: $_GET

As of php 4.1.0 registers_gloal is disabled by default. This means that invoking a script with http://server/test.php?a=1, where test.php does the following, will not work:

if ($a == 1) ...

Instead test.php should look like:
    if ($_GET[a] == 1) ...

See http://www.php.net/release_4_1_0.php for more information.

My question, is whether you have any plans to convert open-realty to use the $_GET[var] syntax. I ask because the open-realty scripts do not work with the latest version of php that I am using.

I can go through the code and make the changes, and submit patches if you like. However, I worry that I may miss a variable. Let me know if you want me to make the changes.

Cam

Cam,

Part of the 2.0 release will be making the entire script work with register_globals off. As soon as i get some code done, i could use some beta testers, if you can help out that would be great. I would take you up on the help to change the variables, but right now i have alot of ideas bounincg arround my head on things to change, that i think it would be a waste, as i will probably end up changing a vast majority of the code..

Thanks for the offer, hope you are willing to beta test 2.0

Only to willing to help down here - be a pleasure if you would like me to assist

Easy for me to get a hosted site up if required

Will,

Glad to hear you are willing to help.. It will be about two weeks, before i get the first beta out i think.. After that I plan to release about one a week, incase people havn't figued it out, i beleave in releasing small changes more often. Anyways, I am glad to see everyone is excited about the upcomming 2.0 release..