Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: How to install a template

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    Make sure all the files were copied over to the template/or_photoflip_template folder. If it says it cannot locate main.html, then the main.html file is not in the template/or_photoflip_template folder. The folder structure should be:

    template
    --or_photoflip_template
    ------main.html
    ------other template files


    A file not found error is because the file is not located where the script is looking for it. If it was a problem with the template, it would be a different error.
    Thanks for your reply.
    There is something wrong

    with my file structure, but before i delete or arrange

    anything, perhaps you can correct what is wrong here....

    FILE MANAGER

    +access logs
    +etc
    +mail
    +Photoflip (nothing in this folder)
    +public_html
    +tmp
    +www

    When I expand the public_html folder there are several

    folders including......

    +Realty (nothing in this folder)
    +Realty1 (the name I gave to the uploaded OR v.2.4.4)
    .....+addons
    .....+admin
    .....+fckeditor
    .....+images
    .....+include
    .....+install
    .....+template (when I expand this folder)
    ........+cms_integration
    ........+or_photoflip_template
    ........+vertical-menu

    When I expand....
    .....+or_photoflip_template
    ........+images
    ........+Scripts
    ........+template

    when I expand....
    .....+template
    ........+photoflip

    Hope this is clear - thanks

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    There is something wrong

    with my file structure, but before i delete or arrange

    anything, perhaps you can correct what is wrong here....

    FILE MANAGER

    +access logs
    +etc
    +mail
    +Photoflip (nothing in this folder)
    +public_html
    +tmp
    +www

    When I expand the public_html folder there are several

    folders including......

    +Realty (nothing in this folder)
    +Realty1 (the name I gave to the uploaded OR v.2.4.4)
    .....+addons
    .....+admin
    .....+fckeditor
    .....+images
    .....+include
    .....+install
    .....+template (when I expand this folder)
    ........+cms_integration
    ........+or_photoflip_template
    ........+vertical-menu

    When I expand....
    .....+or_photoflip_template
    ........+images
    ........+Scripts
    ........+template

    when I expand....
    .....+template
    ........+photoflip

    Hope this is clear - thanks
    Also, the public_html/Realty1/template/or_photoflip_template/template/photoflip

    Inside the last folder /photoflip resides the main.html

    Is this correct?

    Thanks

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,796

    Default Re: How to install a template

    That is the problem. It should be public_html/Realty1/template/photoflip/main.html.

    The install instuctions included in the zip file say to upload everything inside the or_photflip_template folder to your OR root folder. This would place the files in the correct location. You uploaded everything including the or_photoflip_template folder to your template folder.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    That is the problem. It should be public_html/Realty1/template/photoflip/main.html.

    The install instuctions included in the zip file say to upload everything inside the or_photflip_template folder to your OR root folder. This would place the files in the correct location. You uploaded everything including the or_photoflip_template folder to your template folder.
    Hi
    Thanks for the help.
    I have restructured the files and I have been able to launch the photoflip template, but the flash part of it is not working, how do I get this to work please?

    Thanks

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the help.
    I have restructured the files and I have been able to launch the photoflip template, but the flash part of it is not working, how do I get this to work please?

    Thanks
    Hi Was hoping for a reply to how to get this flash template to work.
    I am getting the template without the flash bit in the top part of the page.From the help notes on this flash template it states to make sure
    # openrealty.swf - (must be loaded to the root folder of your site)
    # open.xml - (must be loaded to the root folder of your site)
    # /images/flash/ - (must be loaded to the root folder of your site)

    So, I have these in this order public_html/Realty1
    Realty1 being my root folder?

    Can anyone advise please?

    Thanks

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,796

    Default Re: How to install a template

    You should probably start a new thread for support on that template. This thread is on how to install a template, not on how to use/configure a specific template. It makes it easier for anyone that may have a similar problem to find the answer.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Angelic,

    I wrote a rank on another forum post today.

    Basically, look at the templates folder as a storage place for your templates.

    Try not to look at is as it needs to have ever page in a site.

    Its like tupo-wear. One contained fits into another..also like CSS if you are familiar with those,


    Your main.html defined the major sections of your site... It glues together smaller peices like the searchresults template or listing detail templates which are sub containers to the {temapltetags} and html for which "diplays/structures" your data.

    You select in site config which one of these template documents you use for search, and for listing detail and others...

    By default you get a bunch of exmaples in your templates folder. YOU DO NOT USE ALL OF THEM at once.. those are merely choices...

    Hope this helps clear a bit of confusion..

    If you want more details about what you can place where, check out the template docs...


    http://wiki.open-realty.org/Template_Documentation

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: How to install a template

    One question please! What about if you have your own template which is not specifically made for OR (you can see the one I want to use on www.theoldfort.com), can I use one like that somehow as a OR template rapping around the cms integration which I am using already anyway! Is it possible to upload the template and then change the index page to a main page putting the content tag into the body so that it will use that layout?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,654

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Hi
    if you do have your own template you will need to take a look at the OR "vertical-menu" template and open up the main.html file. you need to make sure you use every thing up to the </head> in the template.
    Then make the links by hand by looking at the link system.
    Must have the {content} which make the content on the site and {load_js_last} just at the footer. Take a look at some of the free templates to get a better understanding of the OR template system

    Al

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: How to install a template

    Thanks Al!

    So I got it working you can see it on [url]http://oldfortestates.com then click listings to see main. However I still can't seem to control the writing on that main.html page in relation to the other pages. Is there maybe another css controlling the writing for the content?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •