Thread: listing selection issue

Unhappy listing selection issue

I am a novice with php so I am throwing myself at your mercy.

I have been experimenting with iframes with good success but I would like to use a php include. I built mock site in html and built the listing page in php so I can use the include. Upon hitting the listing page (I used <?php include("listing/listing_browse.php";?>). The listing page will show as well as any photos I uploaded but the “no photo available” is a red x. to compound this, selecting a listing will go to the “listingview.php” page but will be blank.

I would like:

The photos to show
    The link to work
    The link to appear within the same confines as the listing_browse.php area.

If I go to the listing_browse.php directly, everything will work as it should, just not within the include area.

Any thoughts?

Giving us a URL might be helpful, also have you got the path set correct in the common.php?

Ian

I dont have this up and working at present, I will work on a link

The common file is working, actually everything workes great. I added the listing_browse.php via IFrame and the listings work as needed (scrolbars needed though for spacing) but when I added the listing_browse.php via include I see the listings but when you click on one it goes to no page found.

Ideas??

The use of include dont work in a iframe, else you need to make a lot of modifications.

To call a link in a iframe use a link as below;
    <a href="/your-realtysite/listing_browse.php?type%5B%5D=Home" target="content">HOME</a>
    Where target="content' is the page where the content is showing.
    It will show listings, images etc.

Marten

True,

I have 2 things going here. if I use a iframe everything works fine, only the width is too much and requires a bottom scroll bar<<<i dont want this

I used the include statment (which I have fixed the display listing_browse) but when I click on a selection (property) the listing becomes the entire page. I want it to stay in the same area the listing_browse was in.

any thoughs?

Ok I figured this one out, I had a issue with the list_view.php variable location. Got that fixed, new issue

how do I control the render width?

Make all the (php) pages you want to view in the content frame in a fixed-width, 5/10px smaller then the target/content frame-window.

width="<?php echo $style[admin_table_width] ?>"
    width="475"

nb. for your index page

<td width="500" valign="top" bgcolor="FFFFFF">
    <table width="490" height="400" border="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    <td width="485" height="390" align="center" valign="top">

<IFRAME width=480 height=380 scrolling="yes" frameborder=0 src="/yourrealtysite/welkom.html" name="content"></IFRAME>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</td>
    marten