Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Import MLS IDX format

I also have an IDX solution. It downloads the compressed files via FTP. Unpacks them. Writes them to a database and creates thumbnails on the fly. It is written in PHP, uses the “Smarty Template Engine” and should be very easy to adapt for use with Open-Realty. You may see an example at http://www.shellyadkins.com in the “listings” area. If anyone is interested in using it contact me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
    Phil Adkins

anyone seen http://www.retsinfo.com?
    also, check out http://www.realtor.org/realtororg.nsf/pages/vowhome
    coming july 1st.

open realty's days as a solution for agents might be numbered once the
    MLS's catch up.

:roll:
    phalseid

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by phalseid
    anyone seen http://www.retsinfo.com?
    also, check out http://www.realtor.org/realtororg.nsf/pages/vowhome
    coming july 1st.

open realty's days as a solution for agents might be numbered once the
    MLS's catch up.

:roll:
    Yup, the NAR and the local MLS's will eventually be "selling" the website (VOW) software directly to it's end user/Agents or Agent dues will increase a little and they'll get it for free in an ASP model... Nothing surprising about that at all, it's one of the reasons the IDX format is not truly standardized. If it was standardized, many independent companies would have already beaten the NAR to the punch about 2 years ago, cutting them out of a piece of the action.. They don't just want a piece though...

Another perfect example of how you can slow the development of progress via regulation that is only designed to protect the Regulatory agency itself.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

After listening to a VOW presentation by a NAR rep., I see IDX being phased out. VOW is all about controlling the data. The rep. said that “data security” is going to be the main topic for NAR this year. He even implied that NAR may require the VOW operator to “tract the data”. They are bound and determined that no one will get to see/use the data without paying for it. The funny part was he started out the presentation telling us how tech savvy our customers are now. How they want everything to be freely accessible and immediate. Than he spends the next three hours explaining how VOW will prevent that by forcing the visitors to fill out forms, digitally sign agreements and get a password. Oh and lets not forget, only being allowed to see “x” number of listings per login.

WHen you are working with the mls ask them for the data that they sent to realtor.com. The data that is sent to realtor.com is in teh same flormat.

Denver Dave,

If you are working this the mls in dever (metrolist.com) have your broker see it they will sign a waiver to get you the data. I was able to get the data. The mls charges me each month for the data.

Here is what we get in central NY.
    http://searchlink.syr.interealty.com...AgentID=EMMILO

We have to link to this page from our Open-Realty site.

Quote Originally Posted by thekunk
    Denver Dave,

If you are working this the mls in dever (metrolist.com) have your broker see it they will sign a waiver to get you the data. I was able to get the data. The mls charges me each month for the data.

I am a realtor webmaster in colorado, what format did these guys give you the data in? And how did you import it into open-realty??

Thanks,

Brian Carpio

I have been building low tech realty web sites in my area for seveal years now (framed solution), I would like to upgrade my clients sites to a system that pulls data on its own, "rets database" that then is viewed though openrealty/custom pages. I am looking for anyone who has achieved this in there local system (our board uses the rappatoni system) which is considered a leader in rets formating of data. I have strong real estate contacts in this area and have been building sites for some heavy hitters - however, with compainies like FNIS competing in the real estate web design market, many of us will be looking for new cleints soon. The small guy needs an (IDX to openrealy solution) to survive before all our clients are paying thru the nose for sub par service and ugly websites - because the big guys have the data and we dont.

the_sandking is offline hadron remnant - Moderation Fachmann

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Whisler
    I have been building low tech realty web sites in my area for seveal years now (framed solution), I would like to upgrade my clients sites to a system that pulls data on its own, "rets database" that then is viewed though openrealty/custom pages. I am looking for anyone who has achieved this in there local system (our board uses the rappatoni system) which is considered a leader in rets formating of data. I have strong real estate contacts in this area and have been building sites for some heavy hitters - however, with compainies like FNIS competing in the real estate web design market, many of us will be looking for new cleints soon. The small guy needs an (IDX to openrealy solution) to survive before all our clients are paying thru the nose for sub par service and ugly websites - because the big guys have the data and we dont.

RETS = Nothing yet, maybe next year.
    IDX = Available, and it works great with FNIS IDX systems.

PM me for details.
    "Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-BS communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy."

"We gotta' go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"
    -Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 2485-2519

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.."
    -George Carlin 1937-2008

New to Open-Realty® and need help? Check the:
    -OR DOCUMENTATION -

Important: Read this at least once in your lifetime
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way