Thread: Search by state

Default Search by state

Hello everybody,

I am a new to openrealty and i am building a website for sales and rentals.

I have am having problems in 2 area

1) I want to place a search by state in index page - basically this will be a pull down which will get populated with name of states that are there in the db

2) I want to know how can i create link/url for a agent to put that in his site for display of his listing only.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CID

Default Re: Search by state

1. Create a from with action=index.php?action=searchresults and add a select box to the form named state.

2. The link would be something like http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?ac...ults&used_ID=X where X is that agents user ID.

Thanks pbflash for the response, how can populate the drop down for state with all the state name from the database, is there any simple way to do that ??

Thanks

I would also like to do this but I am totally confused. Where would I start at?

If you want to pull the stated from the db to populate the search box then you'll need to create an addon to setup the search form and then can add the tag you define in the addon to your template.

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash
    If you want to pull the stated from the db to populate the search box then you'll need to create an addon to setup the search form and then can add the tag you define in the addon to your template.
    Do you know of any that are already out there, I am completely confused. I am use to working with php but this is different.

There was a quick search addon for version 2.08 (see addon release section). It may work with 2.1.X or should only need minor changes so it does.

Thank you, I'll try that.